Been A While...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madrean

Reaction score
Been a while since I last posted---

about a month and a half ago i brewed up a cream stout clone ("St. Peter's Irish Cream Stout").

well, it's been aging about 3 weeks, and all i can say is..... DAMN IT'S GOOD!!!

:cross:

like a guiness, with that "cream" taste, little chocolatey.

don't know if any of ya'll have ever had a St. Peter's before or not (my friend introduced me to it. a little pricey (like $3 for 500ml) so homebrewing it is definitely the way to go.

the guys at Austin HomeBrew are amazing! even though they didn't have the recipe for it, they did a little research on it and took a "Smuttynose" recipe and modified it a little, and what do you know! taste is right on.

SO, if anyone is interested, i can post the recipe.

happy brewing!
-mark

man, talk about enthusiasm around here! i like it!

:tank:

i'm going to scan it and post it. (hopefully tomorrow)

(don't have immediate access to scanner)

This Cream stout is great, its pretty hard to find and 3.99 a bottle but very very good, can't wait to see the clone recipe, thanks in advance!

Alright guys,

sorry I took so long in posting this--- I had a really hectic week. Wife & wisdom teeth, 1 y/o son, tons of school work, etc. SORRY!!

Ok, so here goes!

-GRAINS-
1/4 lb roasted barley
3/4 lb crystal 60L
3/4 lb chocolate (not the real thing)
1/4 lb flaked barley

-LME-
6 1/2 lb Amber Extract
1/2 lb maltodextrin (for the extra kick)

-Hops-
1 oz challenger: initial boil (1 hour)
1 oz fuggle: last 15' of 60' boil

-Yeast-
White labs "Brittish Ale"
or
Wyeast "London Ale 1028"

I got this recipe when I went to Austin HomeBrew Supply. They were curious if it would taste the same as St. Peters, and all I can say it YES!!!

it's funny-- when i was transferring primary to secondary i gave my wife a little sample without telling her ANYTHING about it, and she said "hmmm tastes creamy"!!!!

so there you have it.

any questions, shoot me a line.

Happy Brewing!

:rockin:

Back