Beatification Release Dec 14th @9AM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys enjoy the Beat. Going to sit the release day out. Hopefully you ****s save me some for the following week, at least on tap.

So, I am dumb and cannot comprehend the line.

There is one line into the pub, that then splits once inside into two? One for pay and pickup and the other for sit down.

Or is the second line by the back door parking lot next to the bathroom?

Anyone looking to set up a carpool from Southern California? I'd be starting my drive from the Anaheim Amtrak station sometime Friday afternoon. Can pick up on the way along the 5.

I'm not the best barometer here, but I'm at the point (due to other holiday releases like FW anni, Sucks, BCBS, Eclipse) that I'm really skeptical of buying any Beat for myself. I am wondering if other people's beer budgets will be stretched thin enough that it will last a while. I hope so.
Suck is like $10 a 6er, how much did you buy :confused:

:p
But I share the sentiment. At $18 a bottle, I wouldn't buy it for myself, not my favorite interpretation of the style. But for a tasting group, I'ma buy it. And it's the gf's favorite beer.

So, I am dumb and cannot comprehend the line.

There is one line into the pub, that then splits once inside into two? One for pay and pickup and the other for sit down.

Or is the second line by the back door parking lot next to the bathroom?
Both lines form on Fourth Street. The pub line forms in front of the main entrance and veers towards E Street. The bottle line ques at the door to the production side of the building and heads toward D Street.

If anybody wants to pull a pickitupformebro, I'll happily pay for the beers and send you a thank you box with some Loons and other tasty beers.

For anyone so inclined, someone on the Facebook ISO:FT group is offering 2 bottles of Proprietor's BCBS to mule him a case of Beat, in addition to paying for the beer and the shipping.

ISO of someone that isn't taking their full allotment. Looking for upwards of a case. Willing to reimburse you with some beers or otherwise. If you can score a case I can offer 1 bottle of proprietors plus cash for your time(or other beers) and also the cost of the case.

If interested PM me and I can forward you a list.

List includes but is not limited to, (pre trade)CW16, Upland new releases, Side Projects last release and Coffee Abraxas.

Anyone know anything about rumor that the limit may be dropped to 6 per person?

No, but seeing as when I can get up there keeps getting pushed back further and further, I am fully in support of that rumour becoming reality!

Buddy told me his friend heard it from locals when he went up to Santa Rosa. No real validity to the claim, just seeing if anyone had heard something similar
You answered your own question there.

Also, people, Natalie and Vinnie are pretty responsive if you e-mail them and ask question. This goes for basically every brewery on earth. The only one I've had any trouble getting answers out of is 3F. If you have a question, try the publicly available e-mail address. Much, much, much better odds that you'll get a response than asking us dick-twiddlin' idiots.

They just posted that a half drank bottle of chez monieux, in hand, will grant you front of the line privileges. But it must be producing a powerful blue cheese odour from within.

You answered your own question there.

Also, people, Natalie and Vinnie are pretty responsive if you e-mail them and ask question. This goes for basically every brewery on earth. The only one I've had any trouble getting answers out of is 3F. If you have a question, try the publicly available e-mail address. Much, much, much better odds that you'll get a response than asking us dick-twiddlin' idiots.
My general impression has been the exact opposite, that the beer scene has worse than most businesses in customer service. I've had hit and miss contact from Modern Times - even as a member of their Kickstarter, bad-to-no responses several times from Alesmith, terrible service/knowledge in pretty much every brewery and brewpub I've been to where I don't know the person behind the bar. Half their websites are the worst designs on earth (has Toronado just given up completely on theirs?). Yet, we excuse a lot of it because they make good beer, or they deliver good beer, or they sell good beer. Myself included.

My general impression has been the exact opposite, that the beer scene has worse than most businesses in customer service. I've had hit and miss contact from Modern Times - even as a member of their Kickstarter, bad-to-no responses several times from Alesmith, terrible service/knowledge in pretty much every brewery and brewpub I've been to where I don't know the person behind the bar. Half their websites are the worst designs on earth (has Toronado just given up completely on theirs?). Yet, we excuse a lot of it because they make good beer, or they deliver good beer, or they sell good beer. Myself included.
Well I won't make any excuses for Modern Times, the founder is either a liar or an idiot (I'm giving him an out here, free to pick which it is!). But I've definitely found that random e-mails asking random questions get answered pretty quickly, especially at RR. Staff at the brewery is always going to be hit-or-miss, though it sounds like you've had far worse experiences than I have. Same with websites, a lot of them suck ass. But in the very tightly constrained thing I was talking about (sending random questions to e-mail addresses) I've had a lot of luck.

Try to contact Alpine about infected/flat bottles and see how fast they respond to you.

/s

He and Stu got in an argument over growler laws or something, and Stu holds a grudge. No editorializing or judgment, I like Stu and I like MT.
Ya, was going to say I don't really have anything against MT, I just haven't always gotten prompt email responses from them. They've been way more responsive than Alesmith for me, for example.

Ya, was going to say I don't really have anything against MT, I just haven't always gotten prompt email responses from them. They've been way more responsive than Alesmith for me, for example.

I've always held a small grudge against AleSmith. In Jan '09, they released an infected batch of Speedway Stout, which was only in select markets (including LA). K&L trucked it up in their internal system and I bought a bottle. I opened it in Jan '10 and it was clearly infected, so I e-mailed the brewery. They told me "it gets like that with age." Bah.

So, back to Beat. I'm skipping the opening day now. We have a wine pickup and it makes way more sense to go the next day.

He and Stu got in an argument over growler laws or something, and Stu holds a grudge. No editorializing or judgment, I like Stu and I like MT*.

*At least, I've met Jacob in person and liked him. Not sure I've had their beers.
Well, we got into an argument and he insulted me. Then I conclusively showed he was wrong and he stopped responding. I'm sure he's a perfectly fine guy, but it doesn't change the fact that he did one of the following:

1) Made incorrect statements that would have been trivially corrected by reading forms/user manuals.
2) Knew the right things and pointlessly lied about it.

Hence he's either a liar or an idiot. I don't really care which it is, but he's definitely one of those things.

I occasionally see on Twitter someone who is excited about going to Toronado because of the tap list on beer menus, which was last updated (by me) more than 18 months ago. It's a constant source of amusement.

Well, we got into an argument and he insulted me. Then I conclusively showed he was wrong and he stopped responding. I'm sure he's a perfectly fine guy, but it doesn't change the fact that he did one of the following:

1) Made incorrect statements that would have been trivially corrected by reading forms/user manuals.
2) Knew the right things and pointlessly lied about it.

Hence he's either a liar or an idiot. I don't really care which it is, but he's definitely one of those things.

He's generally been pretty level-headed on BA, compared to a lot of brewers I've seen. I think you'll admit that you have a talent for getting under people's skin, so seeing him get in an argument with you wasn't shocking. I didn't see the insult in question.

Back