Beatification Release Dec 14th @9AM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over a week. It's hard to know just how much beer has grown in the past 20 months, that's the only reason I'm not 100% confident it'll last more than two.
Beer has seemed to grow a lot in the last 20 months. The RR facebook post has over 350 likes. I wouldn't be surprised if 500 cases go on day 1. I'd for sure bet it's sold out by NYE. I might even take the under on a week, based on how I've seen other things sell for not as well known breweries.

When I figure out what day I'm going up to RR, I'll post in the SF thread and see if anyone wants to meet up.

I give it a week to a week and a half, max. It took ~a month before, at 6 bottles per person, and the beer/sour market was nowhere near where it is today.

I give it a week to a week and a half, max. It took ~a month before, at 6 bottles per person, and the beer/sour market was nowhere near where it is today.
The thing is, it lasted so long that anyone who wanted >6 bottles got it. I don't think that the increased allotment will make it sell out all that much faster. And since it's 20% more expensive it might even last longer.

I'd honestly be surprised if the extra $3 per bottle will dissuade many people who would have otherwise bought their full allotments at $15 per, though. That said, most of the prognostications about how quickly b5 would run out were wildly off the mark, so one would expect this batch to last a little while.

I think the full case allotment could make a difference. I'm really considering the drive up there from Los Angeles for a case. Definitely would not make the drive for 1/2 a case.

Edit for my prediction: I give it a full week to sell out.

:inbox asplodes:

Nah, this is talkbeer. Nobody 2012'ing it up in here. This community is strong. Would I have made such an offer on another website? Hell nah yall.

I've had all of one polite, reasonable request, for one bottle. (Aside from my brother's request made outside of TB.com).

Between the pvw eclipse and beatification in coming weeks, its just a good opportunity to support old trade partners, and develop new ones. . . especially since I can't really think of anything I'm looking for, or need to "win"

What makes Beatification rare is that it only comes out every once in awhile (this will mark 18 months since the last batch, and it was a really, really, really long wait between 3 and 4/5). RR, because they're super-competent, are totally capable of making it at scale. There are non-accidental similarities to Duck Duck Gooze.

Beer has seemed to grow a lot in the last 20 months. The RR facebook post has over 350 likes. I wouldn't be surprised if 500 cases go on day 1. I'd for sure bet it's sold out by NYE. I might even take the under on a week, based on how I've seen other things sell for not as well known breweries.

People were saying the same thing last time, too, and there was more pent-up demand for Beat. I recall people predicting it would sell out by NOON the first day.

But 12,000 bottles is a LOT, and it's still an $18 375mL released prior to Xmas shopping, not in March.

I highly encourage people to wait in line the first morning. I'll stroll in later.

Wait, what is this? I didn't hear about him ripping people off.

I don't know if it was from Beatification or subsequent trades after that, but he definitely owes some people there. He was really active on the "Beer" facebook group then fell off the face of the earth a couple months after all the Beatification craziness died down. Mutliple people have made comments about him owing them beer whenever he does surface in that group.

I should mention that I don't know any of the people or Baldo. I'm just stating what I'm observing in the group. He's definitely not well liked over there after being a God for three months.

I should mention that I don't know any of the people or Baldo. I'm just stating what I'm observing in the group. He's definitely not well liked over there after being a God for three months.

He got a lot of **** right from the beginning. There was a strange, passive-aggressive hatred for the muling thing he had going on. I never understood why people honestly expected that a stranger they'd never met, never sent beer to, never offered to send beer to, and never would offer to send beer to, should be expected to drive a couple of hours to grab them some great trade bait at cost.

That being said, I hope he didn't actually rip people off. If I knew him, I'd certainly press him. Is abecall98 on this board?

I should be bringing a mule (can someone provide me the name of what a female mule is called?) if any of yall from out of the area need some goandpickitupformebro.
Is out of the area a prerequisite? How is a Beat rufie-colada anyhow?

He got a lot of **** right from the beginning. There was a strange, passive-aggressive hatred for the muling thing he had going on. I never understood why people honestly expected that a stranger they'd never met, never sent beer to, never offered to send beer to, and never would offer to send beer to, should be expected to drive a couple of hours to grab them some great trade bait at cost.

That being said, I hope he didn't actually rip people off. If I knew him, I'd certainly press him. Is abecall98 on this board?

I haven't heard anything about him ripping anybody off. Not sure what happened, but I will see what's up next time I see him, it's been a few months though.

Your point about the "goandpickitupformebro" really is spot on. I can't believe the monster we created with the last Beat Release. I turned down about 5 trips to go and pick it up bro because if I am not getting much out of it, why are so many people expecting I want to spend 5 hours going to get beer for them without getting a hookup out of it. Some guys hooked it up and made the trip worth it by tossing me some dough for grower fills for home, so that was really cool. Others got all pissed when they were told we didn't wanna go get more beer for them, **** that.

I will not be picking it up bro this time, too much of a hassle. Sorry guys.

Hopefully the beer lasts through the week, I really don't feel like waiting in a longass line for this one.

Yawn.

I goandpickitupformebro all the time across international borders, 12 hours driving round trip, up hill both ways, etc etc. I sell bottles at cost, to lots of people I've never met, and I don't ask people to buy me lunch and don't require them to pitch in for gas if they don't want to/can't afford to. When I asked if Baldo would be willing to help me out with three bottles he asked me to pay for his gas, lunch, and his bottles even though he was already going up. So ya, **** that.

And I know of at least one person he owes beer to, but that's really none of my business.

Last edited:
Yawn.

I goandpickitupformebro all the time across international borders, 12 hours driving round trip, up hill both ways, etc etc. I sell bottles at cost, to lots of people I've never met, and I don't ask people to buy me lunch and don't require them to pitch in for gas if they don't want to/can't afford to. When I asked if Baldo would be willing to help me out with three bottles he asked me to pay for his gas, lunch, and his bottles even though he was already going up. So ya, **** that.

First, these were people you had some sort of relationship with already, right? Having met them or not, they weren't strangers to you. I'm positive you wouldn't have helped me with A&T, and I didn't ask.

And in that exchange, are you being generous, or are others entitled to ask you for whatever at cost? Is it a favor or an expectation? It can't be both.

That being said, I helped out friends at cost, and didn't ask for gas / lunch / whatever, either. I think it is part of being a community. But I draw the line at random people asking me for a pretty sizable favor. Then again, I'm probably annoyed after sending out a dozen cases of Eclipse to strangers (again, not asking for anything) and in several cases not even getting a "Thank you, the box arrived" message. I don't have the patience anymore.

As for one person still being owed beer, that's a damn shame. I wish I could help.

Last edited:
First, these were people you had some sort of relationship with already, right?

No. I've taken on plenty of people who just asked me out of the blue. If I'm going up, there's no reason not to help if I can.

I'm positive you wouldn't have helped me with A&T, and I didn't ask.

You're probably right, but stranger things have happened.

And in that exchange, are you being generous, or are others entitled to ask you for whatever at cost? Is it a favor or an expectation? It can't be both.

I'm not really sure what you're referencing here. If it's available, then I'll get it and sell it at cost.

That being said, I helped out friends at cost, and didn't ask for gas / lunch / whatever, either. I think it is part of being a community. But I draw the line at random people asking me for a pretty sizable favor. Then again, I'm probably annoyed after sending out a dozen cases of Eclipse to strangers (again, not asking for anything) and in several cases not even getting a "Thank you, the box arrived" message. I don't have the patience anymore.

I don't think requesting 3 bottles from someone already on their way and offering a shipper + shipping is a "pretty sizable favor".

As for one person still being owed beer, that's a damn shame. I wish I could help.

Yep.

You're probably right, but stranger things have happened.

So you've got certain rules about who you're willing to help, and why. That's all I was getting at. If it were totally selfless, you wouldn't have these rules, and you wouldn't have any expectations on Baldo or anyone else.

I don't think requesting 3 bottles from someone already on their way and offering a shipper + shipping is a "pretty sizable favor".

I was speaking generally about being asked to drive 2 hours each way to pick up a full allotment for a stranger. If Baldo had no plans for those 3 bottles out of the 6-bottle allotment, it's not a courteous move, but I have no expectations that he should help someone he's not friendly with or indebted to. I'd never ask for #goandpickitupformebro from a stranger, much less get angry if they turned me down if they wanted the bottles for themselves.

Last edited:
Were someone to ask for a goandpickitupformebro, what would reasonable compensation be if they shared a sizable distro footprint with locals due to living in the same state.

Purely hypothetical of course. ;)

I didn't have to wait that long for it last year after getting there ~8:30, but I don't think they opened at 9. My guess is you won't have to wait too long, but lacking a crystal ball I can't be certain.
I'm pretty sure they opened at 9. IIRC the release was during the week, and I told work I'd be late because I start at 9.

Were someone to ask for a goandpickitupformebro, what would reasonable compensation be if they shared a sizable distro footprint with locals due to living in the same state.

Purely hypothetical of course. ;)
I'm there twice at least twice a week. Happy to pick up Beat bottles and swap $4$ for Alpine IPA bottles/growlers IP in SF, Marin, or Sonoma Counties.

Back