BCS alternative

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just-a-sip

Reaction score
So I want to upgrade my gas fired PID system to an electric system. My first thought was a BCS controlled system but am not a fan of the interface. I wanted to know what else was out there that would allow for the following necessities.

WIFI connection that is Capable of controlling both the full brewing process and 3 fermenters.

I would like it to be android capable so I can use my tablet.

Again I currently have a full PID Gas system and don't like the interface of the BCS... what else is out there that can do all this like the BCS but is more user friendly.

As far as I know the BCS is the only controller that will do both brew day and fermentation control with one box at the same time. Other controllers are made for one or the other. Given the flexibility of the BCS and it's Web interface I would argue that it is fairly user friendly, and even more so with the new 4.0 firmware release.

What exactly about it isn't user friendly, and what are you looking for that it doesn't offer?

Have you checked out the new 4.0 BCS interface or JonW's interface? I have a BCS for fermentation control and it has come a long way in the past couple months interface wise.

Pic of my (in process and currently disconnected) fermentation interface.

Untitled.jpg

Your only other option than BCS is the BrewPi Spark, but i dont think its fully fleshed out yet...not as much as the BCS atleast.

Back