Bay Area (SF) Beer Week Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ended up landing at the T-Room for 3 barleywines mid-day. Had an Angels Share Grand Cru, Reunion, and JW Lee's 25th which was decent, but may have been starting to sour :/ Two growlers of Pizza Boy Brew for tonight and then I'm out of the game until late March/early April. Great beer week.

Not much has piqued my interest as in year's past, but probably just because I can just go home and drink.

But, I will be visiting Cellarmaker for their special tappings, like Quad Dobis. Also, BEL has some good events.

Last edited:
My tentative schedule so far…

__h81mz3.png

Seems like Beer Week has lost some luster. No Barleywine Fest, DIPA Fest, and Russian River is closed for two days.

I'm fully down to get drunk at toronado though. There's a good event across the street from it. *hint hint*

I'll be picking up Growlers at Fieldwork and drinking at home. Happy to meet at Fieldworks for selfies and tip touching. Otherwise I am bottle/ crowler drinking at home.

Has anyone heard word on the RR "tion" night at Toro? I heard they may still do it in Feb.

It's interesting that they're blaming a change in people's tastes and too much SFBW competition for the smaller crowds, but then mentioning that they had barleywine on till June. Outside of SFBW, they should be blowing through beer much faster than that.

Speaking as a guy who hates the service at the Toronado and hasn't been there in years, maybe they should change up the way they operate? Other bars are doing just fine with stout-themed events, for example.

Last edited:
It's interesting that they're blaming a change in people's tastes and too much SFBW competition for the smaller crowds, but then mentioning that they had barleywine on till June. Outside of SFBW, they should be blowing through beer much faster than that.

Speaking as a guy who hates the service at the Toronado and hasn't been there in years, maybe they should change up the way they operate? Other bars are doing just fine with stout-themed events, for example.
Honestly, the bigger issue is that the lists have been fairly underwhelming of late for barleywine.

Hella and even hecka are very real words here.
In my 13 years here I have heard the brewer of Ale Industries use the word, plus my teenage nephews and nieces. And noone else, so... shrug.

Latest posts

Back