American IPA Base Pale Ale Recipe for Single hop Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 200g/7oz of Apollo hops that I'm not sure what to do with.
Never used them before, anyone try them in this or something similar?
I've not brewed with Apollo, but had a fantastic Apollo single hop IPA by one of our local craft breweries, a few years ago. So it's very possible to use flavorful "bittering hops" as late and dry hops.

Not that Apollo compares to Galaxy and sorts like that, those are typically also very high %AA hops, used well outside of bittering applications. ;)

Try a small, 2-3 gallon batch?

Having not read thru 8 pages of the thread, just will throw in that I have done very much the same. Morebeer has a kit that is a single hop experiment kit that I have used as my base. It is 10lbs of 2 row and 12oz of 15l. I have used Cascade, Citra, Motueka, Chinook and now have a Lemon Drop ready to bottle. I have enjoyed them all, with the Chinook being a bit on the bitter side. I think it is a great way to see how the different hops affect the flavor. I might fool with different grains to replace the 15L just for the heck of it as I have some leftover grains that are smaller amounts. These will be a go to when I get a multiple tap set up.

My spouse's co-worker had centennial hops growing and gave me about 6 oz. Happen to have an 1oz of pellet used that in the fw and 20 hop and used the rest at the flame out. Been in the fermenter for a week now had a cock sample and this is going to be a fine beer. Thx for the recipe.

Back