Quantcast

Bar Top Coffin Keezer Combo

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

OpticHops

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I finally got around to posting my completed keezer build. I based it off of a number of designs that I saw on this site. I found that I liked the idea of the bar top keezers I had seen, but knew that having taps on the site wouldn't work with my current dog and any future children. So, I decided to combine the idea with a coffin keezer. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Big shoutout to my Dad for all his help.

Completed picture first. I knew I only needed a bar overhang on two sides due to space limitations and my couch/TV setup.

It started with a frame made of 2x4s and 2-inch casters.

We built the collar out of 2x6s.

The freezer was a Hot Point 7.1 CF model on sale at Lowes for roughly $170.

We used leftover cedar pickets from a fence we built as the siding of the bar.

Getting close to add the bar top now.

We built a side cabinet to hold CO2 and Nitro tanks in order to save space inside the freezer.

The bar top was a butcher block from Home Depot finished with danish oil.

Some coffin internals.

Some more internals. I still need to add a prop to help hold this beast open.

Currently pouring: Mint Chocolate Stout (nitro), Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout (nitro), and Mango Habanero Seltzer. Need to get brewing.

Thanks for reading! I hope you guys liked it. Big thanks for everyone on here posting their advice and builds.

UglyDude

Loud Mic
Reaction score
Very nice indeed! I am on here looking for inspiration. Specifically, how to attach a nice wood top connected to the freezer lid. Did yo replace the original lid on yours? Or did you somehow attack the "deck" to the OEM lid?

Latest posts