Bar Fights!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokopuff829

Reaction score
Has anyone ever started, been in, or wanted to be in one? I've always wanted to sit at a bar, drinking good beer. And look over and say What the hell you looking at you sons a ***** I'll beat your arse! Has anyone ever done started or want to start one!?

Not sure if someone who goes by Kokopuff should be startin' saloon fights. I reckon he sounds kinda yeller 'round these parts.

We'll be looking out for the copy:

Witnesses Describe Barroom Horror

"I just wanted to beat someone's face in," declares local Elyria man.

"It was like he was looking for a fight or something," explained Swing Shift Tavern regular Sadie Mathers.

These days the probability that you run into someone with MMA training or a gun are way too high. It's not safe to get in bar fights any more.

Has anyone ever started, been in, or wanted to be in one? I've always wanted to sit at a bar, drinking good beer. And look over and say What the hell you looking at you sons a ***** I'll beat your arse! Has anyone ever done started or want to start one!?

You're on your way to getting knocked out and most likely some irreversible brain damage btw.

We'll be looking out for the copy:

Witnesses Describe Barroom Horror

"I just wanted to beat someone's face in," declares local Elyria man.

"It was like he was looking for a fight or something," explained Swing Shift Tavern regular Sadie Mathers.

FOUND IT...

newspaper-article.jpg

I got into one in the Army. It was pretty stupid. I can't even remember how it started.

I've had to end thousands of barfights in the last 9 years due to my profession. A little tip: if you are going to start a bar fight, don't do it in a place where cops like to make overtime. Any bar fight I end up in now is sure to make me a ton of money and maybe get me some time off from work. :)

Never been in one, but I broke up plenty of them back in the day when I tended bar at the local dive. I was young and stupid enough to get in between two drunks that each had me by at least 75 lbs. I found that if you yell loud enough they back down. Now catfights, on the other hand, were a different story. Drunk b!tches don't care if you are the bartender or not. They bite, kick, scratch, whatever. Ugh.

Last bar fight I was in (10+ years ago), some guy just randomly walked up to our table and overturned it onto us. Turns out the guy was friends with the bouncers so after a short scuffle we got thrown out. My friend was an off-duty cop and while we were getting thrown out, the bouncer noticed his G27 ankle holster and said "nice job buddy - you're going jail - we're calling the cops!" My friend (who was sober) responded "oh yeah, we're already here" and pulled out his badge. It was pretty funny watching the bouncers try to save face with their buddy when they let us back in and kicked out the drunk buddy.

Last bar fight I was in (10+ years ago), some guy just randomly walked up to our table and overturned it onto us. Turns out the guy was friends with the bouncers so after a short scuffle we got thrown out. My friend was an off-duty cop and while we were getting thrown out, the bouncer noticed his G27 ankle holster and said "nice job buddy - you're going jail - we're calling the cops!" My friend (who was sober) responded "oh yeah, we're already here" and pulled out his badge. It was pretty funny watching the bouncers try to save face with their buddy when they let us back in and kicked out the drunk buddy.

I love stories like that.

I do know some MMA and wrestled in Highschool I know several armbars a omaplato triangle choke and some other chokes. And how did u make the newspaper thing that was cool. I've also always wanted to be on the newspaper 2 birds one stone :'D

I do know some MMA and wrestled in Highschool I know several armbars a omaplato triangle choke and some other chokes. And how did u make the newspaper thing that was cool. I've also always wanted to be on the newspaper 2 birds one stone :'D

HAHAHA Good luck pulling off one of your several arm bars or an omaplato on a bar floor. I will give you one tip. You start a bar fight with a bunch of drunks, do yourself a favor and stay on your feet. :cross:

HAHAHA Good luck pulling off one of your several arm bars or an omaplato on a bar floor. I will give you one tip. You start a bar fight with a bunch of drunks, do yourself a favor and stay on your feet. :cross:

Now one or two drunks....now thats possible :tank:

Wouldn't recommend it. Got into one a few years ago and got accused of all this crap I didn't do. The dude that did it was friends with the bar so the camera that caught everything was "not working".. Ended up costing me over $1k and I almost wasn't able to by my house. That was the last time I will ever get into a fight.

I was in the Army during the 80's. While I was at the Defense Language Institute, bar fights at the enlisteds club were a pretty regular occurrance. DLI has all armed forces represented, but the fights were mostly between Army and Marines. I was in intelligence, but my special forces buddies had no qualms about picking fights and dragging me in. I was in at least two brawls that I remember, and maybe some that I don't. I drank alot in those days. We always escaped before the mps got there, though.

Nah! Bar fight= poss. felony assault. Which would be the end of my career. No thank you. Never started any fights, but I've had friends that liked to start them, so was either trying to make the peace of cleaning up afterward. Try to avoid those kind of friends now.

I was in a barfight once. And "fight" really doesnt describe it much.

Was at the bar with my brother when in came a dude who I didnt get along with. However, he was with a good friend of mine so I went and talked to my friend. Long story short, the dude started talking **** to me and so did one of his buddies. My brother noticed and came to back me up. After I got shoved by a guy who outweighs me by a good 75 pounds, my bro busted a bottle over his head, chaos ensued for all of like 20 seconds and the crowd broke it up.

Since the dude I dont get along with spends his paychecks at this bar, my bro and I got tossed out. Cops show up, I got cuffed and stuffed. Spend a week in jail for getting shoved. Awesome. I now avoid fights all together unless its obviously self defense or someone would have the balls to **** with my son. In which case I'll kill you.

Actually fighting drunks is a little easier. Sure they dont really care what's happening and are disorientated but they do have a slow reaction time and don't think before they throw a bunch but your right I wouldn't want to do a arm bar or omaplato on the ground with a bunch of drunks.

Lol, yeah. Pulling guard works best with a single opponent, no weapons (purpose built or improvised), and rules against eye gouging, groin strikes and small joint manipulation. Does not exactly describe a bar fight. Knowing what to do if you get to the ground is great, taking it there is dumb.

Don't take this the wrong way Kokopuff829, but you're an idiot. Some MMA training is of little benefit when being attacked by 2 or more people. What's your move for a bottle across the face? An old buddy of mine thought he was a tough guy and liked to start bar fights. His friend took 150 stitches to his face for being there at the wrong time.

_

wildwest450 said:
Don't take this the wrong way Kokopuff829, but you're an idiot. Some MMA training is of little benefit when being attacked by 2 or more people. What's your move for a bottle across the face? An old buddy of mine thought he was a tough guy and liked to start bar fights. His friend took 150 stitches to his face for being there at the wrong time.

_

I get that sometimes and my move against a bottle is to hit them with a bottle first. :)

Back