ball lock fitting problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matc

Reaction score
I bought my first keg yesterday with two ball lock adapters. The co2 fitting easily snaps on the post of the keg but i'm unable to install the liquid fitting on it's post. Is there a solution besides getting another liquid fitting ?

You might wanna check if poppet in post is universal. That might be a problem

Check the posts carefully. They are different, and sometimes they get mixed up when the kegs get torn apart for cleaning.

If you can take a close up picture of both, we can see if that is the problem.

Just to be sure:

Gray QD is for Gas and goes on the notched post.
Black QD is for Beer and goes on the un-notched post.

If you have that right, either use some keg lube on the post O-rings, or at least wet them with water, before trying to attach the QDs. If they still won't go on, use a small screw driver and test that you can push the post poppets down at least a few 16ths of an inch - and try to correlate the pressure required with how much force you're using to seat the disconnect. If it's really so hard to push down the poppet(s) they may not be the proper style/size for your posts...

Cheers!

Well the two posts are different. The gas post has notches at the base but the in doesn't. So then, what could be the problem ??

P1000450.jpg

P1000451.jpg

"Gray QD is for Gas and goes on the notched post.
Black QD is for Beer and goes on the un-notched post"
Make sure to lube the o-rings

Back