Back from the abyss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinner

Reaction score
After a 5 year hiatus I'm back to basic brewing. I was an AG brewer but time and family constraints forced me to give up the hobby. I sold all my equipment (yes, THAT was dumb) and thought I'd never brew again. Well, the kids are older now, time is on my side and I'm getting back into it! Starting out with the basics doing extract/steeped but will move to partial mashes eventually. Can't see going back to full AG but I'd be lying to myself if I said it wasn't a possibility.

Brewing my first batch this weekend, a simple APA to get my feet wet again. Next up will be a porter - these will be nice beers to have over Christmas. Eventually I plan on getting back into CAPs and Alts, which were my favorite AG brews.

Cheers!
Kevin in Essex

I bought a bunch of gear from some Candian named Kevin several years ago and have never used it. I could sell it to you for twice what I paid for it IF you pay shipping.

Welcome back.

Welcome back... like you I took a hiatus for about 4 years, but I think it was looking at my old equipment that made me take it back up ("all this sh*t takes up too much space, if I ain't gonna use it, I should get rid of it.... think I'll just use it").

Warning, though... if you're anything like me, you won't be able to stay with extract for long....

Latest posts

Back