Avanti Mini-Fridge kegerator conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDog007

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I got my kegerator done, pretty excited considering I just had the mini-fridge sitting in my office at work for the last five years.

It's an Avanti mini fridge, having trouble locating a model #. I'll post pics soon. It fits two 5 gallon ball lock kegs, 5 Lb Co2 bottle with dual body taprite regulator, all the tubing, etc... I went with a double faucet system because I planned on eventually getting either a freezer to do a conversion or a larger refrigerator to hold more than two kegs.

I will have beer ready to keg in the next week and I'm wondering what type of digital thermometer I could get to monitor the inside temperature. I simply want a small little rectangular display that will attach to the outside of the door and have a probe that I can put I nside the fridge.

I've been searching but so far not finding exactly what I'm looking for.

I plan to use this for my kegs only and did not really think I needed a temp controller, also, the main purpose of the LCD would be so I can see the internal temperature.

Thoughts?

RP

Didn't get any replies on this but thought I would post a couple pics. Kegerator is basically finished and I actually drank my first home kegged beer today. Delicious!

It fits 2 5 gallon ball lock kegs with modifications to the door trays. (remove all of them)

I went with the faucets on the front door to the left side because I have to stagger the kegs when they are inside. The Co2 5# tank sits on the back shelf snugly, also have a dual body tap-rite regulator on it and it still fits.

The freezer tray easily bent down flush with the back of the fridge and it holds 34-35F perfectly. I think this worked out well for my application. It sits on a raised table in the garage, my friend and I enjoyed a few pints this afternoon, glad I didn't throw this thing out a couple years ago, who knew it would work out this well.

:mug:

Kegerator1.jpg

Kegerator3.jpg

Kegerator4.jpg

Kegerator2.jpg

Very nicely done. I am looking into a smaller setup much like this one as indoor space is limited. I am planning on using 2 or 3 gallon kegs and a small fridge or chest freezer. Hopefully I can find a way to get 2 normal taps and a nitro tap in. Thanks for posting!
Andrew

Were you able to find a model number? I have an avanti RM3421B that I would like to convert. I'd like to know what to expect with the freezer mod.

Were you able to find a model number? I have an avanti RM3421B that I would like to convert. I'd like to know what to expect with the freezer mod.

I've looked all over this thing for a model # and can't seem to find it. I did, however, find serial #A47822455050863001091

It also uses compressor #QD28H11

If I happen to find it I'll post an update.

RP

Back