Avangard Pilsner Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@wardens355 I just got back with my grain and the Munich was $10 cheaper than quoted. I don't know if that was intenional or not. It didn't totally click in my head until the way home. I just thought you might want to know that in case that's the normal price.

I am noticing the 2015 crop to have more normal potential versus some of the previous years. Anyone else?

So far I've been very happy with Avangard, it seems like one of those 'best you've never heard of' scenarios. The price is certainly appealing.

I am noticing the 2015 crop to have more normal potential versus some of the previous years. Anyone else?

With the pilsner, yes, I'd agree. The first bag (2014 crop) I got was giving the extra-high potential, two bags after that (2015 crops) were much more typical. Same great malt, just less potential - which was fine by me.

Thread necropoly...

Just bought 55 lbs of Avanguard pale malt for $49.

I have heard the best thing to do is taste the raw malt. Literally take about 3 or 4 barley kernels and chew them to get the flavor profile. Did this for the first time with Maris Otter. So, yeah it's bready with a very low roasted malt taste.

Don't try this with hops....LOL

Back