Attention Brewer's Network Listeners!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkswing

Reaction score
Attention Brewer's Network Listeners:

I have searched for and can't find an episode of one of the Brewer's Networks shows where they discuss a Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (dunno if it is actually an oatmeal stout, but it is at least a chocolate stout).

Question: does anyone know which episode they discuss what to add to a chocolate stout to get a rich chocolate flavor? The answer on the show was Nielsen-Massey Chocolate extract. I want to listen to the show again to figure out how much they put in the batch at kegging/bottling/secondary time.

From what I can remember it was 2 oz in 5 gal, but some said a bit more, some say a bit less. My recipe is a Breakfast Oatmeal Stout (recipe on link), with half the batch becoming a Chocolate Breakfast Oatmeal Stout. Its a going to be a 7ish%v/v sweet stout.

funk

Last edited by a moderator:
The "specialty beer" episode of The Jamil Show features a chocolate cherry stout. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Back