Arrowheads I chipped today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer

Reaction score
A corner tang from Burlington chert and a Resharpened Dalton from Kay County Flint. Enjoy. Mike
101_4951.jpg

101_4957.jpg

The last one is a corner notch Kay County Flint.

Those are cool. Nice to see someone from Blackwell, OK as well. I have a lot of memory from there as a kid.

Nice my old boy scout troop used to do that on camping trips out of the bottom of beer bottles the dads all drank during the day.....ahhh memories.

That is cool. We tried to do that as kids with just any old rocks or slag from the railroad tracks. Yeah. I'm gonna go ahead and admit yours are a lot better. Like, way.

Could those be hunted with? Would it be legal?

Nice work! I'm curious as to just what the purpose of the corner tang is, as opposed to a center tang.
Regards, GF.

my mom's cousin used to take me around my grandparents old ranch near Hot Springs, SD to find arrowheads & beads. I always thought it was real cool people still made them as a hobby/craft. those look real nice!

Thanks all. They say the corner tang was not hafted but used on a cord tied to the wrist. It is a highly sought after artifact in the South central part of the US. They find a lot of them in TX and a lot call them Texas Tang Knives. Mike

Latest posts

Back