Are all erlenmeyer flasks the same

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cootr_brn

Reaction score
I would like to get a 2000ml Erlenmeyer flask that can go from flame to ice (is this possible?). Is there a specific brand that anyone can recommend?

How much should I expect to pay?

Thanks

Not sure about flame, but I take mine right from the stove to an ice bath all the time. Thats what there made for.

Not sure on brand. I got my 1L, 2L, and 5L at either northernbrewer, midwestsupplies, or morebeer. Forget which.

My 5L is the only one left because I have yet to drop it on the ground :)

Most labware is made of borosilicate glass, so you should be alright. You don't have to go with "Pyrex" brand stuff, their labware is still made of borosilicate glass but their kitchen stuff is crappier glass now.

I would look for the borosilicate glass myself as well! I have 2 2000 ml, and a few 5000 ml's. I go from flame to ice all the time... Have one in the ice as we speak...

Now, not that there is a single cop in Texas that knows this, but Erlenmeyer flask are actually illegal in Texas (as is just about any other lab ware)! :mug:

The usual online homebrew stores carry them at decent prices, and carolina biological actually has decent prices too. I just ordered some 2L and 1L flasks. You can never have too many!

Back