Anyone planning a hurricane brew day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobeer

Fermentation Specalist
Reaction score
Apparently, we're supposed to get 10-15 inches of rain within 72 hours hours between Friday and Sunday. I'm going to be stuck in the house for a while and I'm thinking about trying to plan a 5 gallon beer or maybe even 2 2.5 gallon batches just to pass the time.
Just curious if anyone else is planning a hurricane brew day? If so, what are you thinking about brewing?

Here's to everyone keeping safe and dry for the next few days! :mug:

Planning on a hurricane pumpkin batch this weekend. Maybe call it the "Headless Hurricane Pumpkin Ale" or something of the sort.
I actually have a Candy Roaster pumpkin/squash for this batch..local heirloom veggy that is supposed to knock the socks off of using reg pumpkin for this.

I'm planning a hurricane drink-a-bunch-of-freshly-conditioned-Centennial-Blonde day :D

I'm planning a hurricane drink-a-bunch-of-freshly-conditioned-Centennial-Blonde day :D

ha, you got it, dude. There will be plenty of beer both brewed and consumed this weekend. I'm leaving work early tomorrow to make sure my basement doesn't flood. I think the beer consuming will start around the same time :tank::ban::drunk:

Hurricane pumpkin batch here as well, somewhere in between all the Shop-Vaccing of the basement I'll be doing :(

Hurricane pumpkin batch here as well, somewhere in between all the Shop-Vaccing of the basement I'll be doing :(

Me too man... I'm going to try and fix the weather seal on the door down there tonight. Hopefully that's the only reason there's water coming in and it's not coming in from the foundation...

I didnt plan it but my 3rd batch was during a tornado alarm. I looked out the window and one way down the street was nice and calm. Looked the other way and it looked like a michael bay movie. I shouldve gone into my basement to be safe but I decided id rather go down with the ship than leave my mash unattended

I think I'm going to run to the brew shop tomorrow morning and brew when it's possible. May as well make hay when the sun shines.

I will be bottling a batch mid next week, but no brewing. I am taking a little break for a bit, but I am coming back soon enough, and starting on a bunch of quick-to-drink beers, since most of what I've made so far has been aging for a while.

Back