Anyone NOT watching the Superbowl?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am half heartedly watching but right now my attention is on the Southern Tier Chocolate Stout I just poured....Didn't realize this bad boy is 10% abv! Delicious, but I'm glad I'd already decided this was my last beer tonight...Good stuff

I am half heartedly watching but right now my attention is on the Southern Tier Chocolate Stout I just poured....Didn't realize this bad boy is 10% abv! Delicious, but I'm glad I'd already decided this was my last beer tonight...Good stuff

mmmm.. Southern Tier. I was up in NY this fall and stopped by thier brewery for a pint of their Pumkin Ale. Cool brewery.

OrdinaryAvgGuy said:
mmmm.. Southern Tier. I was up in NY this fall and stopped by thier brewery for a pint of their Pumkin Ale. Cool brewery.

Nice. Anything else from them you recommend? Maybe this summer on my way to NH I can stop by for a 'roadie' :)

Billy-Klubb said:
I still get the odd looks when I wear my bleachers. it's a lot funnier when I take out my partials & smile wide. hahahhaa!!!

Maybe we can team up and go to schools to tell kids about the dangers of belonging to subcultures.

Just finished the first 'House of Cards' season on Netflix. Pretty good show! Seems like it was written for Kevin Spacey.

Nice. Anything else from them you recommend? Maybe this summer on my way to NH I can stop by for a 'roadie' :)

I grabbed a flight while I was there. Seems like the Choklat was a decent chocolate stout.

I noticed they had a stage out back for live entertainment. Was too cold for that when I was there but I can imagine it would be a busy place in the summer.

OrdinaryAvgGuy said:
I grabbed a flight while I was there. Seems like the Choklat was a decent chocolate stout.

I noticed they had a stage out back for live entertainment. Was too cold for that when I was there but I can imagine it would be a busy place in the summer.

Yeah, it's good. I'll see what other offerings from them are available at my local beer store. This is a good intro though...

I did my taxes today (yes! refund!) and started to empty beer bottles for my next brew. I like football but I can't stand the commercial crap that is the Superbowl. Give me a good college (hell, high school) football game anyday.

Not watching the super bowl this year. The wife and I gave up cable TV about a year and a half ago when our daughter was 6 months old. We were just watching TV too much and wanted to focus more on our daughter. I'm not opposed to TV or anything, just didn't fit into our lives anymore. Took a while to get used to, but we're better for it. We do watch DVDs and disney movies still.

I am listening to the game though.

Not watching the super bowl this year. The wife and I gave up cable TV about a year and a half ago when our daughter was 6 months old. We were just watching TV too much and wanted to focus more on our daughter. I'm not opposed to TV or anything, just didn't fit into our lives anymore. Took a while to get used to, but we're better for it. We do watch DVDs and disney movies still.

I am listening to the game though.

we use netflix. we haven't had regular TV since we got together. and I don't miss it.

You mean you're not watching the grown men in spandex violently hugging each other over and over and over?

Super Bowl is online. Wish more college football games would be online, only thing we miss about cable.

we use netflix. we haven't had regular TV since we got together. and I don't miss it.

We don't miss it either. We have thought about netflix, just never got around to it.

Nope, taking the boy out for dinner for his 19th birthday, going to Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse, his choice. If I were going to be home, I'd probably watch a bit. I don't think I've sat through more than one quarter of a game all year.

The only games I watch with interest are soccer. American football is a little boring to me.

Soccer is so exciting 1-0 in OT

Am i the only one thats been watching the amc replay of season 1 of The Walking Dead. I have superbowl squares but really dont care to watch the game. I watched the first quarter then went back to amc

Nope, and I live outside Baltimore. Who's playing?

You mean you're not watching the grown men in spandex violently hugging each other over and over and over?

My thoughts exactly..

Now if the game consisted of scantily clad broads hugging each other I would be far more interested.:D

I think ditching cable is a great idea...I wish more people would do it. No cable for over 4 years, here. But I gotta say, the Superbowl is broadcast OTA.

That wasn't me! (Although I do have a particular hatred of hipsters)

Me too! Although not "hatred". More like disinterested amusement. I love it when people think they're "too cool" for something but in reality are youngsters who have no idea what they're dissing.

It annoys me, but also makes me laugh, so you can't hate them because they're stupid.

(For connotation, please see the "don't hate me because I'm beautiful campaign, era 1985?ish).

No superbowl for me...I was a co-trainer for a Greenpeace industrial climbing training all weekend. Much happier not watching TV all afternoon!

iaefebs said:
Baseball never needed fans that allowed a cat to drink from a straw on the table you eat from.

Yeah, that's nice. By the way, the cat is sitting on a half wall behind our couch. We don't eat off of that. Beside, we eat off of plates here not the table. I could see how being that observant would make watching baseball enjoyable.

This thread begs the question, "if a hipster misses the super bowl, does anyone care?"

I wasn't aware that hipsters didn't watch the super bowl. Guess I just try not to think about them and hope they go away. Or hope that being a hipster becomes popular and then they'd all implode. I also thought hipsters like to wear stuff like flannel, vests, corduroy pants, and hats with inch wide brims.

Don't really get jazzed up about football and had to work... I had 4 clients today. Take the $400 over paying as much to entertain a PARTY ANYDAY...

(For connotation, please see the "don't hate me because I'm beautiful campaign, era 1985?ish).

Ha Ha! Wow that takes me back to my nine year old self. At the time I didn't understand that commercial. I just thought - OK? But I do remember repeating it to my sister all the time :) and driving her absolutely nuts.

I watched, but wasn't really interested. Kept thinking about what I could be doing instead of watching, but it's kind of a tradition to watch the commercials. We usually have Superbowl Squares to make the game interesting, but missed out this year. The commercials were just ok. Nothing really jumped out for me that I can remember, except the nerd getting to make out with Bar. I liked the Chrylser commercials, but some of the commercials were just boring.

Latest posts

Back