Anyone NOT watching the Superbowl?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I hope Black Crown is at least tasty enough to enjoy, but the commercials were pretentious and sucked pretty bad. Here is a bit of Nothing about the beer, and a whole lot of Don't You Wish You Were Us? marketing!

Fancy, dark, elite, private clubs are not my lifestyle. I guess I'll never get to enjoy Black Crown that way it was meant to be enjoyed... ;)

HoppyDaze

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't care less about the corporate bowl. I haven't seen one in 5 years at least. I'm not much of a football fan. And I don't have a TV, so there's that.

All my sports watching takes place during baseball and hockey seasons.
you're such a non conformist bro...way to stick it to the man!

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
I never got into football (or any sport really) when I was a kid, so now I have only a vague understanding of the game. Every superbowl party Ive ever been to becomes all about the beer and food for me. A couple years ago my chef friend was hosting, and pulled me into the kitchen to help with the wings... just before the game ended we noticed how funny it was that all the guys were in the kitchen cooking and sharing recipes and all the women were watching the game and drinking beer.

I didnt have a party to attend last night, so I just skipped it.

Its cool though that people have something to look forward to every year though.

While I'm not a sports fan that only thing I have against sports fans is that I think getting into a fist fight or worse over a team you have no personal involvement in should be punished with mandatory sterilization. Rioting after a sports game should be met with deadly force.

HawksBrewer

Reaction score
I clearly have nothing in common with most of you other than beer... grew up playing football and love every minute of college and pro that I can get my hands on. Now that hockey season is finally in full swing my sports fix is safe.

bd2xu

Reaction score
Damn good game!!! I almost walked away after the 109 yard return. Then the lights went out, then the 9ers woke up....

timcadieux

Reaction score
I am beginning to believe that I may the only person in this country who is not going to watch the Superbowl?

I am brewing a Pilsner today instead.

Anyone else not going to watch the Superbowl?
I didn't, could care less

Airborneguy

Adjunct of the Law
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
While I'm not a sports fan that only thing I have against sports fans is that I think getting into a fist fight or worse over a team you have no personal involvement in should be punished with mandatory sterilization. Rioting after a sports game should be met with deadly force.
Hey hey now! I made a lot of money off of people like that over the years!

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone notice in the Lincoln ad Homebrewer and famous actor Wil Wheaton had a cameo as what looked to be a director for a VERY low budget sci-fi move?

Airborneguy

Adjunct of the Law
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say one thing, that Lincoln ad made me look up the car. I've fell for the styling right away. Unfortunately it will be awhile before I can buy a new car for myself again.

twalte

Reaction score
Rioting after a sports game should be met with deadly force.
Yeah, we should make them drink Okra Meade:D

You are the ONE individual on this site that I can put a face to a name, and I absolutely loved your video!!! (I will not be brewing that though).

Love your willingness to experiment...I would have gotten sick on the Okra slime.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Yeah, we should make them drink Okra Meade:D

You are the ONE individual on this site that I can put a face to a name, and I absolutely loved your video!!! (I will not be brewing that though).

Love your willingness to experiment...I would have gotten sick on the Okra slime.
Ok... I needed that... had a rough day and that made it a bit better. :mug:

twalte

Reaction score
CreamyGoodness said:
Ok... I needed that... had a rough day and that made it a bit better. :mug:
See...you never know how many people you touch by posting a video. I may need a psychologist to handle the okra slime....but that's my problem, not yours

TNGabe

Reaction score
See...you never know how many people you touch by posting a video. I may need a psychologist to handle the okra slime....but that's my problem, not yours
Yeah, that video touched me in the sort of way I need a doll to explain. 'It's okay Gabe, just point to where Creamy touched you on the doll.'