Anyone mod a digital temp control yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titleist

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Kenmore 16082 and was wondering if anyone's modded this or a similar board to control temps and the alarm in the range we use for kegging?

are you talking about a kenmore 1608 chest freezer? most would just use or make an external temp controller like the ones easily made with an stc1000 to heat and cool.(they can be made for like $30)... you'll find what your looking for in the DIY section in regards to this.

exactly the freezer I'm speaking of. Part of the reason I was checking on this is because this model has an alarm on the PCB that has to be cut in order to keep it off. I was thinking if anyone out here has maybe looked at these boards before and tried to re-engineer them to change their upper temps that way if they were at all accurate I could use the control on the lid to adjust temps in keg range and not have to get an extra control and install the probe, etc.

More of a curiosity than anything else and for convenience sake. If I could find the schematic I'd do it but it seems these mfgs don't publish schematics for stuff like this because a field tech just r/r's the board anyway.

* edit: also curious as to if the thermocouple functions properly at keg temps too...

Latest posts

Back