anyone has experience with the economy barley crusher^

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chef1978

Reaction score
hello all,i have corona mill which is ok,recently my friendly home brew store got some 2 roller '' economy barley crusher,it is basically the same thing like the one made in USA ,just this one are made in china,question is,does anybody use them,can they be worst than corona mill-thanks.

hello all,i have corona mill which is ok,recently my friendly home brew store got some 2 roller '' economy barley crusher,it is basically the same thing like the one made in USA ,just this one are made in china,question is,does anybody use them,can they be worst than corona mill-thanks.

They are better than a corona mill I have moved up from a corona mill to one myself 4 years ago.they are actually better quality than the Barley crusher brand mill from everything Ive read and complaints here...
The chinese mills are also sold rebranded as kegco and cereal killer brand mills and are prettey decent mills. they have hardened steel rollers (non ss roller version anyway) and ball bearings

Like AugieDoggy, I too moved up from a corona mill to a Cereal Killer, which I think we are surmising is the same as all the other ~ $100 two roller crushers.

The Corona works, but was uneven and a pain to adjust. Now I have consistent crushes at the level I set them. Can't positively say whether I actually get more efficiency, as much of the rest of the system has changed as well as my recipes, but I'm pleased with it and can actually change the grind to match BIAB, batch, or fly processes and get predictable results.

I have had a cereal killer for a year + and have had zero issues. It's great being able to crush your grain on brew day!

You won't regret the purchase.

They seem to work, but I wonder how consistent they are from one to another, and whether they are all from the same Chinese factory?? I have had zero issues with my Corona style mill. I set it up 6 years ago and adjusted over 3-4 brews and have never touched it again. Very consistent and I will not take a risk on a knock off mill. When I switch it is 90% I will go with a Monster Mill.

I've had the cereal killer for 3 or 4 years grinding 25 lbs at a time. Still works as new...no worries with it. Actually they say the cereal killer is better than the Barley Crusher because the cereal killer uses ball bearings and the barley crusher uses bushings

They seem to work, but I wonder how consistent they are from one to another, and whether they are all from the same Chinese factory?? I have had zero issues with my Corona style mill. I set it up 6 years ago and adjusted over 3-4 brews and have never touched it again. Very consistent and I will not take a risk on a knock off mill. When I switch it is 90% I will go with a Monster Mill.
All the Chinese 2 roll mill bodies are identical. The bases and hoppers vary though and they are available with softer stainless rollers for those who wet thier grain before they crush it because they feel it helps.

In any case they do work well and the roller design seems to offer a more consistent crush and less shredded husks than a corona style mill. I'm sure these corona Mills vary and there are many "knock offs". Im guessing I had one because my corona Mill did not crush evenly at all.. used it about a a half a dozen times and could never get it to work well.

this is what i heard too,few guys got barley crusher and they are not soo happy with it.

Latest posts

Back