anyone got a recipe for a real working man's beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fark_7OXHHgToZQnytO9CeP9wDByfx8s.jpg

I have been a long time reader of this fine forum - And i first wish to thank you all for years of wonderful information and help (Even if you did not know you were providing it!) I have not been moved to post before now, but i feel that this thread really missed the mark! Since it is clear there are only FOUR actual manly man, he man, working man brews known to existence; the real solution would be to develop a clone for one of the following famed working man beers:

Duff
Pawtucket Ale
Best Quality Beer
And of course-
Girlie Girl

I bow to those far more skilled than myself at the development of clones, to perfect a recipe to salve to idiosyncrasies of FTC

I had some Duff beer at Universal which wasn't too dad. Of course that was after drinking a lot of Dragon Scale and Witches brew with Harry Potter. :bott:

here's my recipe:
14 pounds of bleached flour
8 pounds of white cane sugar
a bunch of dirt stuff scraped off my welding gloves
4 Swisher Sweets cigars
bread yeast

combine the sugar and flour in a big pot filled with the sweat you've been saving from working like a working man.
boil for 15 minutes. add the dirt stuff and 1 cigar last 5 minutes of boil. add 1 package of bread yeast every 1/2 hour until you notice active fermentation. don't forget to ask the same worried question 15 different ways about "why isn't it fermenting yet" since the moment you add the first package of yeast until you get the answer you want. at the end of the first day, "dry hop" with the remaining cigars. at the end of day 2 bottle the whole batch with the bits of cigar floating in each bottle. that way you know it's hand crafted and good. half an hour later ask the same question 37 different ways about "why isn't it carbonated yet" until you get the answer you want. drink it flat anyway. bam! just like a real working man!

I thought it was. ;)
Lemme clarify...
I wish this forum was a local bar where I could go hang out, drink beer, and shoot the shite with folks such as yourselves who have a good sense of humor and drink (perhaps brew) good beer face to face. I haven't found a great local and I miss the comradery. Y'all make for a decent alternative! [emoji482]

Last edited:
Thought I could get away with sh!te...poopye? Really? That's really stupid for an adult forum and I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell it!

Lemme clarify...
I wish this forum was a local bar where I could go hang out, drink beer, and shoot the poopye with folks such as yourselves who have a good sense of humor and drink (perhaps brew) good beer face to face. I haven't found a great local and I miss the comradery. Y'all make for a decent alternative! [emoji482]

I'm drinking with you in spirit right now.

I wouldn't classify a wizard or magician as a working man.
Oh, I don't know. I imagine being a wizard is hard work what with the trolls and dragons and stuff. I would classify Gandalf as a working man [emoji92] [emoji93] [emoji94] [emoji95] [emoji287] [emoji298]

I'd say that the real working man was the poor peasant the had to remove said slain dragon and clean up afterwards. I mean you couldn't just leave them lying around stinking up the castle. What swill would he pour after a long day of slinging dragon innards? That's the real mans beer we're in search of.

Last night I stopped by a local pub, and my brothers roofing crew was holding court around the pool table. These guys would probably fit the working man mold - Thing is they were all drinking Angry Orchard, and Mikes Hard lemonade. Perhaps we need a new course on the potential ingredient list - perhaps an apple/citrus/shingle grits/ graff sort of thingy?

In it's most common use, the word "führer" simply means guide or manager.
It doesn't mean what you think it means, and anyway you're more like the self-important underachiever of beer.

If you insist on a germanic title, I'd suggest "the Eunuch from Munich".

cringe

Back