anyone got a recipe for a real working man's beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What FredTheCat's idea of working men might look like.

1438560543990.jpg

^^^ Definitely IPA lovers. The guy hiding at the corner table with the hipster beard and man bun, would be drinking the NEIPA

And oddly enough if the thread gets reported, nothing happens. Fred must know the right people.
As long a folks are having fun, and no one gets butthurt, this thread will be allowed to live.

doug293cz

I had some of that in Peru. No one mentioned the spitting part though.

They use the word for any homemade fermented beverage. I believe only the corn variety uses spit for its amylase. If you had a commercial offering, they probably used a malted corn but some of the small villages still chew/spit the corn.

to me - just a basic pale with no clouds, fruits, or funny sounding adjuncts.

97% two-row
3% 40L

90 min boil.
whirlfloc at 15

Hop of choice. I go for Chinook (a manly hop)

WY1056.

Simple, tasty, clean and drinkable.

Ok, let's get back to recipes. This started with a trolling troll but it's actually an interesting question. What makes a beer a "real man's beer"? Maybe what isn't is just as informative. I consider myself a manly man. I like 4x4s, guns, and smoked meat. I like a great variety of beer, very few styles I don't like. I don't like pumpkin, non sour fruit beers, or nanner bomb hefes. Other than that? Just about anything can be a manly man's beer. On the yellow fizzy end of things that one can drink a lot of I'm partial to Lonestar. Knock your d!ck in the dirt? Sooooo many to choose from...RIS, barleywine, big a$$ Belgian, doppelbock, imperial/ double/ triple/ quadruple IPAs. Sessionable beers that aren't yellow and fizzy? Mild, Common, Kolsch, cream ale, pale ale, Amber, Vienna, Marzen, etc. Oh, and for the record I give zero sh!ts which way you swing. I know plenty of straight guys that are weak petty little men, gay guys that'll beat your ass (yeah, YOUR ass [emoji16]), and women with more balls than a big brass monkey. Curious as to what you define as a manly brew... discuss

Aww this thread just got to serious. Guess I ruined it with Dolly Parton. I’m out! Nano Nano!!

Here’s a real working man’s beer, it is an American Amber Ale. Be sure to use all ‘Murken grains and hops.

Two Hooters American Amber Ale

IBU:37 SRM:17.25 ABV:7%(stronger than usual)

8.7 lbs. American Pale Ale

3 lbs. American Munich 20L

.6 lbs. American Crystal 60L

.6 lbs. American Carapils

2.5 oz. American Black Malt

3/4 oz. Centennial 60m

1/2 oz. Centennial 10m

3/4 oz. Centennial 2m

2.5 oz. Chinook Dry Hop

Irish Moss 15m

US-05

Here’s a real working man’s beer, it is an American Amber Ale. Be sure to use all ‘Murken grains and hops.

Two Hooters American Amber Ale

IBU:37 SRM:17.25 ABV:7%(stronger than usual)

8.7 lbs. American Pale Ale

3 lbs. American Munich 20L

.6 lbs. American Crystal 60L

.6 lbs. American Carapils

2.5 oz. American Black Malt

3/4 oz. Centennial 60m

1/2 oz. Centennial 10m

3/4 oz. Centennial 2m

2.5 oz. Chinook Dry Hop

Irish Moss 15m

US-05

thank you
this is what i wanted. my thread got hijacked by trolls and it gets moved to a punishment subforum.

wow, good job. just wanted to ask about a recipe. don't punish the trolls who are hounding me though.

Latest posts

Back