Anyone ever used one of these?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen David Heath use these or large tea strainers. Just remember hops and pellets expand when wet so don't fill it with hops.
Yeah, I've notice the expansion.....they also become lighter as they shed the oils....I use bags weighted with stainless ball bearings now, and a half full bag with around 1.5 oz of pellets and 2 3/4" ball bearings will sink when put in, but be floating when ready to bottle.....

I use magnets inside a bag and a magnet outside the vessel, then the hops can be slid in, swished around and brought out of the beer when they have done their job.

I've got one, probably that same size. I think it works great. As stated several times above, just be mindful of how much you put in it. I've never had a dry center, but I don't think I've ever put more than an ounce or so in it.

Yes. But, if they are going to call them food grade stainless, to my notion, it should not rust. I'm just saying don't waste your money on it, is all.
Agreed....food grade stainless should NOT rust.......but remember, we buy almost exclusively Chinese products nowadays......

edited for spelling

Back