Michigan Anyone Enter the Clawson, MI CRAFTCOM Homebrew competition?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Waterford, MI. Can you post a link about the competition?

I live in Waterford, MI. Can you post a link about the competition?

Here's the link but I think entries were due by Sunday.

Might be worth emailing if you want to try and get in. They were really responsive when I emailed them a week or 2 ago.

Edit: I went back into my email and the email address I was contacted from was [email protected] which i think is on the bottom of the flier as well.

I sent them an e-mail this morning. I'm not too optimistic on them bending the rules for my late entry, but there's no harm in asking.

Yeah, it can't hurt. I think they were limited to 50 entries but when I dropped off mine on Saturday it didn't seem like they had been taking a ton in, but they had 2 drop off locations so who knows if that's representative. Good luck to you guys on getting in... unless you're really good at brewing and would enter the same categories as me... if thats the case I hope you're banned for life
:D

I turned my entries in on Sunday and she said they had about 40 entrants. Maybe they would take some late to get closer to that 50 number.

They are only giving awards for the American Ale, Belgian Ale, European Ale, and Other, so there's a pretty good chance we'll be in the same category.

Yeah you're 100% right, w/ that few categories we probably will be. I have one entry in American Ale (blonde ale) and one in Euro Ale (oatmeal stout). I was mostly joking though. While i'd like to win obviously this is my first ever comp so I'm just looking forward to some impartial feed back.

I did a Hibiscus Blonde and IIPA w/ ginger. I put both of them in 30A, so I hope they have enough herb/spice character to not get docked. I never know which category to put them in.

Are you going to the actual event? Judging starts at 1pm per the web-flier. I was hoping to go for a few hours depending on kid nap schedule but as its my first comp IDK if thats a thing people do, if its worth going or just wait for score sheets.

Website for homebrew competition says judging takes place on Sunday the 11th, the festival though is Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th. Winners are announced on Friday the 16th.

Yeah, sorry should have specified, I was speaking about Sunday. But you bring up a good point, if winners aren't announced until the following Friday, is there any point in going Sunday? I'd imagine there is no way you'd get score sheets before they announce winners right?

I have never done one before, but if they allow me to enter today this will be my first!

I am guessing that they will not give you anything until the day of the announcement, but I really have no idea how these work!

Oh. Glad you said this as I was debating checking it out. I guess I wont bother going this weekend and will try and convince the wife to go for winners announcement instead.

I won't be going until the 16th. I'll check out the rest of CraftCom as well. You might as we'll go for the results!

I won't be going until the 16th. I'll check out the rest of CraftCom as well. You might as we'll go for the results!

Yeah I'll be going. I just got an email from the official contact and winners are being announced Friday the 16th between 7 and 8, winners will be contacted via email the next day if not present, score sheets available for pick up Monday the 19th at Black Lotus

I'm in craft (and sons of liberty out of plymouth, MI), can confirm judging will occur on wednesday. Unfortunately I'm working so I won't be judging. Good luck to those that entered!

This is being ran by the CRAFT homebrew club and FB group , which is a mobile group that meets once a month and is based out of Cap n Cork in Macomb, MI. Next months meeting is at Sherwood brewing company on June 26th @ 7 pm. If you want to come join us, feel free. Meetings are typically at various breweries, distilleries, and brewpubs around SE michigan.

There will be several competitions each year if this goes well.

I'm in craft (and sons of liberty out of plymouth, MI), can confirm judging will occur on wednesday. Unfortunately I'm working so I won't be judging. Good luck to those that entered!

You mean occurred right? As its Thursday and the results are being announced tomorrow (Friday).

Yeah I'll be going. I just got an email from the official contact and winners are being announced Friday the 16th between 7 and 8, winners will be contacted via email the next day if not present, score sheets available for pick up Monday the 19th at Black Lotus

Good to know about the score sheet pickup!

:mug:

It was good to meet you SGTSparty, and thanks for posting this as I would not have known about it otherwise! It was good to meet the couple of other home brewers that showed up, unfortunately only 1 of the winners was there. Congrats to all those that won!

Latest posts

Back