Anybody have any cool autographs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has any cool autographs? I have a guitar signed by Slash. A picture of the Patriots Snowbowl game signed by Tedy Bruschi. A CD signed by Gene Simmons of Kiss. My son and I waited in line to meet him.

I only have two. Mickey Mantle and Willie Nelson. We were playing at recess one day and our school shared a fence with a nursing home. Willie was visiting his Mom and came over to give us all autographs.

TxBrew said:
I only have two. Mickey Mantle and Willie Nelson. We were playing at recess one day and our school shared a fence with a nursing home. Willie was visiting his Mom and came over to give us all autographs.

I have Mantle, as well. I was about 13 when we met him. Even cooler was that he let me wear his hall of fame ring for a bit.

Let's see- Lots of football players from way back when- OJ Simpson, Lynn Swan, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, etc. One old fighter, Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini from my hometown. Danny Thomas (I worked with him at a St Jude's fundraiser about 28 years ago!). Bob Feller. Reggie Jackson and the 1982 Angels.

A few other miscellaneous baseball players because my first "real" boyfriend was a pitcher for the Expos and had his friends sign all kinds of balls and stuff for me to give to my little brother. Nothing very valuable, but fun!

The day Ron Dayne broke the rushing record everybody in the Stadium got a towel with his name on it. I was able to go down to the locker room and get his autograph on the towel that day after the game. I also have a few of his on some t-shirts along with most of the rest of the team.

• Rob Mccachren, a veteran off road racer.
  • Ivan Stuart, also a veteran off road racer.
  • The band 10 years.
  • the band Papa Roach.
  • canadian rap group, Swollen Members.
  • Los Angeles Dodger, Eddie Williams.
  • Dave Prowess, the man who wore the Darth Vader costume in the original 3 Star Wars movies.

I have the Soldier's Manual of Common Tasks signed by LT Col Hackworth.

Extra points for anyone who knows why that is significant.

All I got is 3 Playboy mags from the '80s, autographed by the centerfolds.

October 1983 issue - Tracy Vaccaro
May 1984 issue - Patti Duffek
October 1984 issue - Debi Johnson

Could of gotten autographs from the girls in the ZZ Top videos back in the day, and of ZZ Top the next day. Had my 1973 Mustang Mach 1 entered in the 1984 Hot Rod magazine Supernationals in Indianapolis in 1984. Girls were there on Saturday, Top was there on Sunday. But I hate waiting in lines, so I never did.

Allan

Oh, yah... I forgot that I also have a copy of "The Sterling Cookbook" that I picked up in a used book store. Didn't know it was signed, was just lookin' at cookbooks and bought it. Jack Sterling apparently was a TV host or something back in the day (before my time).

I know who Hackworth was and what common task training is. What's the significance of the two of them together though?

Sprint Car wing signed by most of the World of Outlaws

A #3 Goodrich Hat signed by Dale Earnhardt

A '32 Ford Dash signed by John Milner (Paul Le Mat) - American Graffiti

Lee Rocker of the Stray Cats

Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio

sause said:
The day Ron Dayne broke the rushing record everybody in the Stadium got a towel with his name on it. I was able to go down to the locker room and get his autograph on the towel that day after the game. I also have a few of his on some t-shirts along with most of the rest of the team.

Off topic, but I used to have track meets against him in high school. He threw the discus, and he was a beast. One time he threw the thing clear into the parking lot, the tape measure wasn't long enough to measure it. Nice guy too.

Professor Frink said:
Off topic, but I used to have track meets against him in high school. He threw the discus, and he was a beast. One time he threw the thing clear into the parking lot, the tape measure wasn't long enough to measure it. Nice guy too.

I didn't realize he was from South Jerz. Good to hear he was a nice guy...

I got to meet Tug McGraw, not really a huge baseball player but one of my favorites, and John Smoltz and get their autograph when I was playing baseball in the American Legion World Series. It was about a year before Tug died. I've met a few professional players, but by far Tug was the most down to earth and funniest guys I have ever met. He ate dinner with our team and told us a lot of cool stories about his past playing ball. Also got to meet Graig Nettles there. That was definitely the funnest night of my life. (And it didnt even include alcohol haha)

We got an autographed copy of David Sedaris' "Me Talk Pretty One Day" as a wedding present. He wishes us good luck on our first marriage :D

I've got the only autograph that really matters:

John Schneider

JohnSchneider5.jpg

The only ones I personally have are the drummer from Reverend Horton Heat (don't remember his name!!) and Jimbo the bassist, I also got to buy Jimbo a beer! (he drinks High Life...)

SWMBO has a lot though bc her mom used to own/run a production company in LA back in the day that mainly did commercials, I don't know all of them but the Alice Cooper one is cool!

the_bird said:
We got an autographed copy of David Sedaris' "Me Talk Pretty One Day" as a wedding present. He wishes us good luck on our first marriage :D

He is my wife's favorite author - funny guy...

About all we have is Frank from PostSecret's autograph from his last tour. He gave us each an original print from his latest book and signed it. He might not be that famous but it is very sentimental...

the_bird said:
I also had a Bob Stanley autographed baseball, but I never took good care of it so the signature has faded away. No big loss... :D

You lost the Steamer's autograph? I used to have a Lionel Simmons autograph. I was excited about it when he was NCAA player of the year and going to the pros. No one remembers him now.

Evan! said:
I've got the only autograph that really matters:

John Schneider

JohnSchneider5.jpg

I saw him at some swank reataurant in downtown Chicago (the name of which escapes me but it was within walking distance of my hotel on Michigan Ave) when I was last there a couple of years ago. Didn't get an autograph, but talked to him a bit. Very cool guy.

As for autographs, mine are all sports related. I have a picture of Lou Gherig and Babe Ruth that was autographed twice by each of them. The original was autographed and copied, then my grandpa some how got it autographed by them again. He gave it to my dad before he died, then dad gave it to me. I can't verify it's authenticity, but my grandpa sure did love telling the story about how he met them and got them to sign it so it's real enough to me.

Barry Sanders on a full size Lions helmet, Barry sanders on an authentic jersey.

I have a ton of Detroit Lions autographs from back when they had training camp in Saginaw and I'd go up there every year.

Lots of autographs on baseball cards of players back in the mid 80's to early 90's like Roger Clemens, Kirby Puckett, Daryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Barry Larkin, Don Mattingly, Ken Griffey Jr.

Have a book signed by Ray Bradbury. Had Gary Burton's autograph at one point, but think I lost it somewhere. I have Jim Koch's autograph along with my score sheets from the Longshot comp.

Lyle Lovett bought me lunch when I went motorcycle riding with him and some other people once. Didn't get his autograph though.

My first and, for a long time, only autograph was Curtis Mayfield. My first job was at a now defunct amusement park and he was there with either family or friends. I lost it once I went to college.

The only ones I have now are Susanna Hoffs, lead snger of the Bangles (yes, she was hot) on the cover of the first Bangles CD and all the members of Cheap Trick on the cover of their first album (vinyl). I was in a band that opened for them way back in the day.

I have autographs by people you've probably never heard of.

Yasuhiro Nightow - manga artist, creator of Trigun
Takumi Yamazaki - voice actor

I also "ambushed" Kunihiko Ikuhara (TV and movie director) 8 years ago at a convention as he was leaving a room and got him to sign a friend's poster...

I've got a Larry Bird card that was given to me. I also have a Bill Walton book that I sent him to be autographed.

Bird - I should get 2 Tommy points for those.

I have a novel with a personal autograph by James Patrick Kelly which is nice because I really like reading his work.

Although in the early 90s, I was working at a movie theatre in my hometown and Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons and bodyguard came in to see a movie. I sold them movie tickets and my then girlfriend at the time got their autographs on a napkin. Sadly I did not end up with them in the later aftermath.

Naidirem said:
I have a novel with a personal autograph by James Patrick Kelly which is nice because I really like reading his work.

Although in the early 90s, I was working at a movie theatre in my hometown and Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons and bodyguard came in to see a movie. I sold them movie tickets and my then girlfriend at the time got their autographs on a napkin. Sadly I did not end up with them in the later aftermath.

so all three of them trained your girl? :drunk:

Sports-related: Nolan Ryan, Warren Moon, Carl Hubbel, Buck O'Neal.

Beer-related: Michael Jackson, Randy Mosher, Fred Eckhardt, John Palmer, Sam Calagione.

I think that's it.

TL

bigjohnmilford said:
I've got a Larry Bird card that was given to me. I also have a Bill Walton book that I sent him to be autographed.

Bird - I should get 2 Tommy points for those.

Here ya go... ;)

[YOUTUBE]N4Jsh0S9Qoo[/YOUTUBE]

I have a baseball autographed by the entire 1984 Baltimore Orioles.

Also a poster autographed by everyone from Dream Theater except James LaBrie. I doubt anyone here knows them.

I think that's about it.

Back