Any "must go to" place in Va.Beach?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorcoach

Reaction score
Am heading there this weekend and have some free time Saturday. Any Breweries that I should visit?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hmm O'connors and Smartmouth in Norfolk Va( 15 miles from Va Beach). Beach Brewing Company in Va Beach, In reality I can't think of all the breweries down there.

For craft beer you HAVE to go the to The Birch Bar. It was named one of the 100 best beer bars in America. Always a great selection there and lots of rare beers. And it is in walking distance to Smartmouth Brewing Company... two birds with one stone.

Where are you headed to the Beach from? If you go through Charlottesville (I-64) there are a few places that you should definitely make the time to hit. As for the Beach.... Beach Brewing, Young Veterans, O'connors... Not familiar with bars in the area.

Beach Brewing (2 blocks from Young Vets and generally much better beer)has been killing it lately, and Back Bay has a great tasting room near the oceanfront on Norfolk Ave. Alewerks in Williamsburg is worth stopping for if you're inbound from N or W--17 taps of their beers in a new taproom.

if you stay on the north end of Va Beach, go to Lynnhaven Pub--100 bottles & 6 taps of craft beer options in a dive bar setting, but great food & good people.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back