Another, what should I brew next?, thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon73

Reaction score
Brewing for about 4 years, I make a TON of ales, all different shapes and sizes, I've done a milk stout (turned out good), some porters (not so good), and I need some ideas for my next brew. I can only ferment at house temp (68-70).

How about a black, rye, ipa? Too many different things going on?

That implies they can also be really bad. I'll have to look into it.

That's one idea, need more.

I just kegged and tapped a British Bitter, that is an easy drinking nice end of summer ale. 1.040 down to 1.008 in 8 days kegged and drinking on day 11.

Being the upper end of the fermentation range, you could do well with any number of belgians, a saison, or even a hefeweizen.

Being the upper end of the fermentation range, you could do well with any number of belgians, a saison, or even a hefeweizen.

Was looking at a "Trappist" Dubbel, but I've never had one. Aside from what BJCP says about them, do you have any input on what they taste like?

I'm going to do a ginger ale next. Had one in the UK and it'll blow your socks off. Hopefully mine can live up to that

Back