Another!!! brew stand - original?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peeow

Reaction score
Well, I've got the bug and decided to start building a brew stand. I've decided to save myself some stress and make the stand as simple as possible. I've had the thought of using a pre-made stand, such as the service/tool cart that I am using, but I've never seen anyone else do it....... that concerns me. Has anybody heard of this being done? and possibally any issues that may have come from it? I've literally just put the trolley together and sat what I've got on top to demonstrate my plan (it looks pretty good in my head). The trolley has a drawer on the top tier, which is where I'm thinking I'll locate the control panel, just push it closed when not in use. Watch this space over the coming....months probally. I'll get there eventually. Excuse the mess in my shed at the mo :(

2012-06-26 17.51.32.jpg

I use a similar stand. The burner is mounted on top, with propane tanks underneath. The left top piece slides out to hold my mash tun. The pump shown in the pic is mounted underneath now (old pic). The stand is pretty solid with a full kettle (+-7 gallons).

photo.jpg

Alright, quick update. My play funds have been low so progress is slow. I did a quick brew with the gas burners, decided to go electric......as thats what I do. Just been playin round with the first pot, here's a couple of pics to show my progress. I got lucky and found a sight glass with a buit in thermometer, even though I'm gonna have a digital read out anyway-but it looks the part!

pot1.jpg

pot2.jpg

Made a start on the control panel and a couple of pics showing the thermowells I made from a peice of stainless tube, a couple of nuts and a grub screw. I opted for this as ya just can't get cheap thermowells in New Zealand, people seem to think they are worth gold!

2012-07-16 19.54.32.jpg

2012-07-16 19.54.44.jpg

2012-07-28 11.17.02.jpg

2012-07-28 11.17.13.jpg

Back