another Beersmith 2 Equipment Profile Question…

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewzofo1

Reaction score
Sorry….dumb question here….on the pre-loaded equipment list (ex. Pot (13gal/50L) - BIAB. The 13gal means the size of the pot I will be using for my pre-boil and boil to brew a 5.5 or 5 gal batch correct? But I can change that to a 15 gal profile which is what I have. Also the BIAB is BrewInABag, but I will be using a 10gal cooler (and still doing a BIAB inside the 10gal cooler to maintain my mash temp instead of the pot). So should I pick the Pot/BIAB or Pot/Cooler as my equipment profile? Thank you.

Not only can you, but you should change the equipment and mash profiles to match your equipment and process. If you are using a cooler instead of the traditional BIAB in one pot, I would recommend just using a standard single infusion profile and changing it to match what you have, since that is really what you are doing (using the bag as your filtering device). I would recommend going to the beersmith site and reading through and watching the sections on how to customize beersmith profiles to match your system.

Back