another Beersmith 2 Equipment Profile Question…

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

brewzofo1

Reaction score
Sorry….dumb question here….on the pre-loaded equipment list (ex. Pot (13gal/50L) - BIAB. The 13gal means the size of the pot I will be using for my pre-boil and boil to brew a 5.5 or 5 gal batch correct? But I can change that to a 15 gal profile which is what I have. Also the BIAB is BrewInABag, but I will be using a 10gal cooler (and still doing a BIAB inside the 10gal cooler to maintain my mash temp instead of the pot). So should I pick the Pot/BIAB or Pot/Cooler as my equipment profile? Thank you.

Oginme

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Not only can you, but you should change the equipment and mash profiles to match your equipment and process. If you are using a cooler instead of the traditional BIAB in one pot, I would recommend just using a standard single infusion profile and changing it to match what you have, since that is really what you are doing (using the bag as your filtering device). I would recommend going to the beersmith site and reading through and watching the sections on how to customize beersmith profiles to match your system.