Amoretti Artisan Coconut Cream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer666

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Amoretti coconut cream? The smell is amazing but it will not dissolve in secondary. I am guessing its needs either adding to the boil or during active fermentation. Would love to know if anyone has used this.

Is it like pulp , puree ? I've heard good stuff about it.
More like the consistency of double cream. It does not dissolve well in beer at all though so its hard to tell how much to use. Ingredients are cane sugar, dextrose. fructose and coconut natural flavour. Planning on adding it to a coconut chocolate stout and a pineapple sour. Getting good flavour from coconut flakes but i want to add an extra level. This stuff will be great for icecream as well.

Is it floating or sunk to the bottom ? Beer sounds tasty. Great idea for using it with a pineapple sour. I might try this stuff in a coconut lime milkshake IPA.

Maybe you can rack around it . Hopefully it gives you the flavor your shooting for.

It was stuck at the bottom. Slight bit of oil on the top possibly. I did some more searching and still couldn't find the page where they say add it during fermentation but found Amoretti recommend dilution with water or beer. I did a taste test and could not decide if it was an improvement or not. It changed the sweetness for a start so maybe it is better to ferment out the added sugars.

So i finally managed to keg my chocolate coconut stout yesterday. I filled 1 and a third kegs and added 2 spoons of the puree to the third. I dissolved it in a small cup of boiling water, added to the keg, purged and shook. Tastes really good, in fact my friend said it might even be too much. The addition of lactose might of helped but i think i am going to struggle to hang on to this.

This stuff makes amazing ice cream. Mixed it with some high quality vanilla extract.

Back