amateur night?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bills Brew

Reaction score
So, what's everybody doing on "Amateur Night" tonight?

- Breaking in the New Year with SWMBO?
- Party your head off
- Nothing special - in bed before 12:00.

Right now my choices are:

1. Drive in the freezing rain to Corvallis and watch people play cards.
2. Drive in the freezing rain to Portland and watch people play cards.
3. Go to a local hotel that smells like an ashtray in a skunk farm and listen to a garage band.
4. Enjoy some homebrew with dinner & after. Go to bed at the usual time.

No brainer.

I'm not a party person at all- I was thinking about going out to a few parties but decided to just stay home and have a couple of beers and listen to music. I know that I do that every night anyway, but I'll enjoy it more knowing I don't have to get up too early tomorrow! Heck, I might even stay up until 11:00. You never know!

I'm working today and will be off shift tomorrow at 8:00 am. Hopefully it's a quiet night. Happy New Year to all at HBT! Raise a glass for me! Cheers :mug: !

We are going to have crab legs and pretty much chill. I've never been a huge fan of New Years Eve anyway. For me tomorrow will feel pretty much like today AND I won't have a hang over. :mug:

i never do anything for ameture night. i sit at home and dring my beers and enjoy the various light displays from the comfort of my porch. then the next day i listen to all the guys talk about getting busted on new years at work. i don't live vicarously through them, but i smugly think to myself - see you did the right thing

Dinner with friends then back for a few pints at someone's house. Pretty low key but we should be polishing off the last of the holiday ale! Bottled two batches today which is about as much fun as it sounds. Kegging FAQ is going to be required reading tomorrow I reckons...

im doing this right now.....later...who knows....

IMGA0701.JPG

Having some brews watching movies and playing games with the wife and kids. Not into all the craziness of the new year.

I'm sticking around at home and chemically stripping my hair in advance of dreaded hair test I take Thursday for great job. (I'm not taking any chances on stuff I may have done months ago)
Then some beer to ease the burning of my scalp.
(whoever knew that getting the job offer would be the easy part and quitting the smoke wouldn't be enough?)

Having a few at home. To me it's just another night with extra ******** and a side order of pissed-to-be-working cops

72itjbm.jpg

We're starting here. Then we're boiling some Bratwurst in some milk stout and throwing them on the grill. I've also got a fridge full of beer and Apfelwein.
:D

Next year I am staying in with one year old ApfelWine and one year old 888RIS -black and golds.

I tried one a couple days ago. I may have some people over next year ;-)

Tonight I am off to a house party at a friends, but I have a keg I need back in circulation in the fridge, so I pulled three growlers out of it to take with me.

I should be back home sober as a judge in about 6 hours. Then I'll have a home brew. I am going to see if I can find one Bud Long neck, I wanna poke at the hop schedule again.

Pretty dull here....just me, SWMBO and the kiddo. SWMBO hurt her back yesterday, so no post New Year's "celebration" tolook forward to. :(

I am enjoying one of my last SNCA's, and have a Bigfoot from last year chillin'. I haven't had a BW in ages, so it's probably gonna clean my clock. If I make it past that, it's back to bourbon and Coke then some bubbly after midnight.

Staying home, waiting for the wife to get home so the drinking may commece, simmering my black eyed peas and cabbage and listening to the "war zone" outside.

For about 45 minutes after midnight, there will be a barrage of every type of firework known to man that makes a popping or explosive sound. When you buy them around here that almost always say "WITH REPORT". Lovely.

Sounds like they're gearing up for midnight already.

:drunk:

ytsejam said:
I'm sticking around at home and chemically stripping my hair in advance of dreaded hair test I take Thursday for great job. (I'm not taking any chances on stuff I may have done months ago)
Then some beer to ease the burning of my scalp.
(whoever knew that getting the job offer would be the easy part and quitting the smoke wouldn't be enough?)

Just shave your head. :rockin:

Funny, in California & Nevada, there were always people firing guns at New Years. A friend down in Anaheim awoke one NYD to a 45 hole in the ceiling of her livingroom. Here, they don't waste ammunition making noise.

Back