Alright Fans of the 80's, Which of these 2 Designs do you like best

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Design do you Prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fermentinginpa

Reaction score
We came up with two variations on a new design. It's a GI Joe parody. The first one is closer to the original logo, the second one changes the colors to be a bit more beer centric. Which design do you prefer. Please vote and then if you have any additional comments, we would love to hear some feedback so post your comments to below. Even if it's to tell us you think they both suck.

Design A

brewmaster-1.jpg

Design B

brewmaster-2.jpg

#B. It's a pretty sweet design. I don't think I'd wear it though - IMO the qualifications for "hero" have been reduced to almost nothing these days, a disservice to the real heros. I wouldn't want to contribute to that. I realize I'm overthinking this :)

Haha, yeah, I can understand that and agree. This particular design though I think that works since it's a play off the cartoon but I totally understand what you are saying.

I know what you are trying to accomplish with A, however I don't really care for it.

I do not get GI Joe from B. I like the design more if you drop the american hero and oddly placed hop cone.

I agree B works by itself without the real american hero and hop cone in same place as A.
Or change it up to be BierMeister to continue the German theme.
Or those colors are more 70s and you could adjust font to match 70s and keep the Brew Master or change entirely to Beer Snob

I was HUGE into G.I. Joe as a kid.....and I only recognized this as a play on GI Joe because you mentioned it....I don't think I ever would have put that together just because BREWMASTER is a longer word, no periods (like in G.I.) and nothing to invoke the star that goes between GI and Joe on the original logo. The original font also seems 'fatter.'

Ian

I know what you are trying to accomplish with A, however I don't really care for it.

I do not get GI Joe from B. I like the design more if you drop the american hero and oddly placed hop cone.
You typed my response for me. This is point-for-point what I was going to say myself.

I don't get the 80's G.I. Joe thing, probably because I was playing with G.I. Joes back in the 60's, but I like the design of the first one and the color scheme of the second. As for the hero thing...brewers were perhaps thought of as heroes back during the founding of the nation but these days they're just nice to have around.

THey're both gay...sorry

My suggestion would be an angry hop cone squisin the sh*t out out of a piece of grain between his finger and thumb in each hand with a "Holy sh*t" look on the grains face. At least it would look cool if done right....but thats me.

That was my concern. I like the design but worried that it won't invoke the same interest from fans of the cartoon

Sadly I didn't know there was GI Joe cartoon, which I guess is why I chose the second choice there. My brother and I did have many of the actual action figures (back when they were a foot tall) and various accessories. We most enjoyed starting Joe (and some other dude, which I think was his accomplice) on fire while flying down a zipline from our house gutters. Once that rubbery plastic starts burning, it goes and goes.

I think we had one GI Joe that had a string that you'd pull out and, when released, would play audio. "Let's make camp, here" and "Let's scout the trail". We liked that one. I'm sure he died a fiery death though, when we went through that phase.

My brother had one of those original big dolls. I think those have some value. The original sold for a boatload recently. Yeah, the cartoon was my generation. It was one of my favorites. It was a really good cartoon.

Great idea but please look at whoven t shirt company for inspiration cuz these are not quite there

We came up with two variations on a new design. It's a GI Joe parody. The first one is closer to the original logo, the second one changes the colors to be a bit more beer centric. Which design do you prefer. Please vote and then if you have any additional comments, we would love to hear some feedback so post your comments to below. Even if it's to tell us you think they both suck.

Design A

brewmaster-1.jpg

Design B

brewmaster-2.jpg
B

B. In A, the green hop way on the viewer's left does not harmonize with the red, white, and light blue (blue is too light to really look like a US flag, but you have the black background, so you can't use a darker blue), whereas the green hop right in the middle catches the eye and also harmonizes better with the gold tones on the right.

#B. It's a pretty sweet design. I don't think I'd wear it though - IMO the qualifications for "hero" have been reduced to almost nothing these days, a disservice to the real heros. I wouldn't want to contribute to that. I realize I'm overthinking this :)

I agree, I am not sure of tag line is something I like. If you keep tag line then A is best.

I like B most, put prefer the hops moved to the left like on A

I agree, I am not sure of tag line is something I like. If you keep tag line then A is best.

I like B most, put prefer the hops moved to the left like on A

Yeah, totally get that on the tag line but we ended up using it since it is part of the logo we were basing the design on. Thanks for the feedback, both designs are up on the site!

Back