All Stainless/Silicone Siphon Starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenugsmoustache

Reaction score
I'll start by saying if I posted this in the wrong section, sorry. The guys that run my LHBS, Sierra Moonshine have been working on this project for a long time and I am just hoping to help get the word out. They have designed and built a all stainless and silicone siphon starter that is completely disasemblable for cleaning and sanitizing. Yesterday they threw a launch barbeque where I actually got some hands on with this thing and it is an incredibly well built device. Below I put in a link to their Kickstarter, and hopefully with the help of the home brewing community they will be able to bring this awesome piece of equipment into all of our breweries!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1469711885/the-pro-brewers-siphon-a-home-brewing-essential-to

Thanks for the support! They are already halfway to their goal, so if you want to get the last siphon starter you'll ever need you better hurry! If you dig the idea then please help spread the word.

pledged... hope this happens, that siphon sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

If you see them tell them to add more $45 dollar backers. I don't need a lunch special in California. I need a siphon and t-shirt! Heck make it a $50 dollar fund and I'm in.

Hi Brewing Friends

I am Justin, one of the creators of the Pro Brewers Siphon. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know. I will help you out the best that I can.

Cheers!

Justin, in for one and dinner in Nashville.

Or just a siphon.

One question, are the Silicon parts replaceable or pressed into the unit?
It'll they are, will the siphon ship with a spare?

Hi Jwin

Thanks for your support. It means a lot to us.

All the silicone parts are replaceable. As is the stainless ball used in the check valve. We will offer a replacement kit for a minimal cost. If budget allows, all kickstarter rewards will receive a free rebuild kit.

Cheers!

One question, are the Silicon parts replaceable or pressed into the unit?
It'll they are, will the siphon ship with a spare?

Damn, all the $40 - $50 are gone! Not close to the area, so all the breakfast\lunch\dinner options are of not much interest. Would have loved to got in on $45 with siphon\shirt\stickers!

Damn, all the $40 - $50 are gone! Not close to the area, so all the breakfast\lunch\dinner options are of not much interest. Would have loved to got in on $45 with siphon\shirt\stickers!

I'm in the same boat! Add more siphon/shirts and I'm in for sure!:ban:

Sorry, we can't open any more of the $45 reward tiers. It wouldn't be fair to backers who pledge at the higher tiers.

As to the menu stuff. There is no food being offered as rewards. Anthony is a super foodie so we choose to give our reward tiers a menu like theme. In hindsight it has mostly caused a bit of confusion, and less chuckling than we where hoping for.

Just want to say congratulations to Justin and Anthony @sierramoonshine on their Kickstarter being funded! Good job guys! I can't wait to get my Probrewers Siphon!

Dam how did I miss this!
I have been think of how to make one of these from stainless ever since my first auto siphon cracked years ago.
Any chance they will be for sale any time soon?

Dam how did I miss this!
I have been think of how to make one of these from stainless ever since my first auto siphon cracked years ago.
Any chance they will be for sale any time soon?

Hi Giraffeman

Production for our siphon has just begun. We will be posting a bunch of updates on our blog over at sierramoonshine.com starting in a week or so. If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I will get back to you.

Cheers,
Justin

Just discovered this and jumped into the Indiegogo pre-order. This thing looks awesome!

Well I got my pro brewers siphon... finally. Aaaaaaaaand it doesn't work. I followed the instructions and even soaked the racking cane gasket in hot water, but no matter what it would not come close to forming a seal. I tried visiting the website they had listed on the instructions – didn't work. I tried emailing the address they gave on the instructions*– didn't work. I tried calling the number on the instructions –*got Anthony's voicemail, so I left a message.

-----------------------------------------

***UPDATE***

I got a call from Anthony and he was very apologetic and immediately assured me he was going to make it right. He has had multiple reports of failure from this first batch he sent out, but also reports of those that got them and they work great. So obviously there were greater variances in the manufacturing process. It seems we will have to wait a little longer.

I got fed up with my auto siphon sucking air no matter what I did. It ruined 2 batches of cider on me. I bought this, and quickly realized that all I see is complaints. Just wanted to see if anyone else had their hands on this yet and how its working for them?

I've been using a sterile siphon starter and would never go back to an auto siphon regardless of what material it was made from.

I've been using a sterile siphon starter and would never go back to an auto siphon regardless of what material it was made from.

I never had luck with any autosiphon, as those invariably drew in air, regardless of what I did. I went through 2 of them before tossing them out. Once air was drawn in, bubbles would remain inside, cavitating as beer flowed by. Within a few weeks my beer would develop that tell-tale cardboard taste. I bought a sterile siphon and never looked back.

I just got an email last week from Anthony. Their production is starting up again late January and will start shipping out siphons again early February.

Sounds like they got their vendor issues dealt with who manufactures the seals and they are made to the correct tolerances and are working much better than the original manufactured batch and they are replacing the ones they sent out that are malfunctioning.

Back