• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iowa All Grain Starting Equipment Kit $90

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to sell my first set of all grain brewing equipment and will be donating the proceeds to the local cancer hospice center. $90 This is the basic set of equipment you will need to do all grain brewing for 5 gallon batches. The mashtun will be able to handle up 8-10 gallon size brews if you decide to go bigger at some point.

LP burner, stand and 10 psi regulator (3 options for you to choose one from.)
20 lb LP tank for refill or exchange
copper wort chiller
48 quart cooler with stainless steel braid, ball valve and tubing.
3 kettle options for you to pick 2 from
2 new digital thermometers
1 homemade brew in a bag sack
1 homemade hop spider
1 digital scale for weighing grain and hops
1 amber glass container for yeast starters
1 3.5 gallon fermenting bucket and tools for BIAB sessions.
1 wood dowel measuring stick for the 8 gallon brew kettle

I also will include one 2.5 gallon BIAB recipe kit (grains and recipe, you need to get the hops and yeast). Your choice of a cream ale or a hoppy amber ale. This might help some brewers that are looking for a simple way to get into doing all grain brews.

Local pickup only. I am near Iowa City and Cedar Rapids

025.jpg

001.jpg

001 (2).jpg

And the proceeds will be going to a good cause in memory of my father who passed away from cancer more than 10 years ago.

I wish I was in a position to help out here. I'm a bit southeast of ya though.

I just wanted to say what a beautiful thing you are doing man.

I wish I could share a beer with you. You're good people!!

:mug:

To your dad!! :tank:

Yes, it is still for sale. One thing I left out of the original posting is that there is also a metal basket to fit the brew pot so this can be used as a turkey fryer or to boil seafood and such. I also have a garden hose that can go with the chiller for free.

I have had some interest but then people say it is not worth the money because the kettles are not stainless steel. Two used ss kettles of decent quality would sell for over $100. One thing I think is nice regarding this set up is that you do not have to build the mashtun on your own or take the time to run around to buy everything separately wasting gas and time that you could be brewing.

Like I said in the add the sale of this will go to our local hospice cancer center in memory of my dad who never got to drink my beer.

Nothing wrong with Aluminum and its a good deal and for good cause. Myths about aluminum have been disproven. Look in the kitchen at an Italian restaurant where they cook acidic tomato sauces and you will find aluminum stockpots

This is for a good cause and if I wasn't in the middle of trying to buy a house I would buy this and tell you to donate it to a brew buddy. Good luck man

This is for a good cause and if I wasn't in the middle of trying to buy a house I would buy this and tell you to donate it to a brew buddy. Good luck man

Thanks for the generous thought. If I had a brew buddy needing to get started with all grain I would have passed this along to them and ask that they make some type of donation (money or time) to a local cause. All of my brew buddies are well above needing starter equipment.

Hmmm. Are you in Iowa City? How far are you off of I80? I may be visiting family in Iowa in August, if you still have this, I would be interested in picking it up on my way to Des Moines.

Hello hello! Very interested in this. I can ppal you of you want. Shoot me a pm or text me 847-312-6869

Cheers!!

-cj

cavrecon22 said:
Hello hello! Very interested in this. I can ppal you of you want. Shoot me a pm or text me 847-312-6869

Cheers!!

-cj

Haha. I am also in the Chicago Suburbs. I sure wish I were closer. This is a great deal and a good cause.

I'm interested if this hasn't been sold yet. I'm in Marion so I'd have no problem driving down to north liberty for this.

Anyone complaining about the pots not being stainless should just look at all the other stuff there. Well over $100 worth without the pots. And there is nothing wrong with aluminum!

Back