Alfalfa adjunct?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have smelled alfalfa when feeding it to livestock, it powerfully grassy smelling. I don't think it would taste good in a beer.

This has been on my experimental-brew list for a long time. For country boys like me: there is nothing more nostalgic than the smell of fresh cut hay in the summer time. Go for it!

My plan has been to make a wheat ale with a slightly aggressive hop finish. Then to add the dried alfalfa to secondary. The thing that concerns me is making sure the alfalfa is sanitary...

Let me know if you try using alfalfa and how it went for you!

This has been on my experimental-brew list for a long time. For country boys like me: there is nothing more nostalgic than the smell of fresh cut hay in the summer time. Go for it!

My plan has been to make a wheat ale with a slightly aggressive hop finish. Then to add the dried alfalfa to secondary. The thing that concerns me is making sure the alfalfa is sanitary...

Let me know if you try using alfalfa and how it went for you!

Miller Lite reminds me of straw/hay...

M_C

Latest posts

Back