Alarm Function on MYPIN TA4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I included a picture of my control box. It's relatively basic meaning the left PID will simply take the temp of my HLT. The middle PID will operate my RIMS system. The right PID will take temp of boil kettle.

I want my the HLT and BK PIDs to alarm at specific set points. When it hits the target temp (alarm set point) how do you cancel the alarm? Is there a button on the PID or do I need a switch to turn it off manually? The alarms are just an awareness set point to let me know when to kill the burners.

Any other recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423005385.635290.jpg

I included a picture of my control box. It's relatively basic meaning the left PID will simply take the temp of my HLT. The middle PID will operate my RIMS system. The right PID will take temp of boil kettle.

I want my the HLT and BK PIDs to alarm at specific set points. When it hits the target temp (alarm set point) how do you cancel the alarm? Is there a button on the PID or do I need a switch to turn it off manually? The alarms are just an awareness set point to let me know when to kill the burners.

Any other recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks!

View attachment 253818
You need to wire in an on/off switch into the alarm circuit ... The pid will kill the signal on its own once the temp is back out of alarm range.

Back