AHS Holiday Chocolate Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipfab74

Reaction score
Now that my fall beer is bottled, I am thinking ahead to the holidays. Anyone have experience with this kit and with Austin Homebrew in general? I want to make a stout for the winter and this one sounds nice.

Haven done this exact kit; but all the kits I've done have been from AHS (I live in Austin), and I've liked all of them. Currently enjoying their Double Chocolate Stout (with added coffee) in bottles right now...

I was happy with my purchases from Austin, though if you're a super n00b brewer, I think their extract kit instructions suck. BUT the kit quality and freshness is terrific

My review at AHS: Comment by John M. P on Sunday 24 October, 2010
Subtle chocolate, subtler spice. If I rebrew, then I might add 1 oz. of chocolate and an AHS Holiday Chocolate Stout Pack.

IOW, it was drinkable and a very good stout, but didn't have enough chocolate and spice for SWMBO.

I'm a fan of AHS kits. They've always been good beer. OTOH, they tend to be a bit light on the spicing.

Back