AHS grain bag?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhineinAlbany

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying out recipes from the recipe database here and on hopville. I see that AHS has an area on their site to order base grains and combine others in one bag. Is their grain packed in a muslin bag like in their kits? Or do I need to order a grain bag? I plan on making extract brews with steeping grains.

I'm thinking about trying out recipes from the recipe database here and on hopville. I see that AHS has an area on their site to order base grains and combine others in one bag. Is their grain packed in a muslin bag like in their kits? Or do I need to order a grain bag? I plan on making extract brews with steeping grains.

Their steeping kits come with a grainbag, but if you're buying ingredients seperately, you have to order the grain bags.

Remember that they can be reused, so you only need one or two!

When you order your grains, you can opt to have them combined for each recipe. They come sealed in plastic bags, so they last a long time. I used to order three or four batches of ingredients at a time, since they were packaged so well! If you don't have a crusher, make sure you opt to have the grains crushed.

ah, okay. Thanks! I saw the combining grains page, but I wasn't sure what they meant by one bag - whether it was a grain bag or a sealed plastic bag. I'll make sure to order one or two (I only have fine nylon bags for hops).

I've never ordered it through them but did price some out and got the impression it is all just put into a plastic bag and sealed up to save on packing.

Back