Adding Tropical Fruit in Wheat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandanpoker

Reaction score
I'm brewing a dry extract 7 gallon batch of wheat beer split up between two fermenters a 6 gallon carboy and 2.5 gallon mr beer keg.

I'd like to try different things to put the fruit flavor in so I'm looking for your help.

What I was thinking is all the same base wheat beer recipe w/ changing the fruit 1 recipe into the glass carboy, 1 slightly different recipe into the 2 gallon mr beer keg and then once I bottle the mr beer keg rack 2 gallons from the carboy and do some fruit infusion there as well as a secondary. before bottling that.

Any ideas/thoughts/help you can give me would be appreciated. I'm not new to brewing, have done a few all grain/extract imperials w/ my friend who has a cool set up but neither one of us has EVER done a fruit beer.

I did a honey lemon wheat that turned out great. Zest of 5 lemons, 5 minutes from knockout.

Back