Adding Hot Peppers and molases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wells11

Reaction score
I am thinking of adding these two never used ingredients to a future brew and wanted some pointers as too how much for a 5 gal batch and when?

Depends what peppers and how spicy you want it to be. I suggest splitting into smaller test batches after primary and experiment in the secondary. It's best to lightly cook the peppers, in order to remove the skin and seeds.

There's a brewery in Delaware called 16 mile they have a beer it's made with 4 or 5 different chili peppers one being a ghost chili. It will burn your mouth off if you're not expecting it. Taste great using it as a marinade on a brisket or in chili. I would look them up and see if they have a clone or shoot them an email and see how they measure it out. There really nice pretty sure they'll help you out.

Add either just straight into the primary. For fresh chilis, its highly dependant on the spicyness of the chili. I used 3 whole ancho chili peppers chopped up for my mexican hot chocolate stout and it turned out well

Latest posts

Back