Adding FTSS to Stout Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couchsending

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted this? I moved my FTSS coils on my standard SS Brewtech Chronical to a permanent mount on the side just like the BME versions using the hole drill bit SS Brewtech sells... it was a little nerve racking at first but it came out great and I couldn't be happier with the setup.

Is there any reason I couldn't add an FTSS to a Stout Conical. There is a good deal on one locally is why I ask...

Just wonder if someone has already done it... haven't exactly scouted the google but did a little searching a couldn't find anything

Just double check the diameter to ensure everything will fit inside. You'll also want to see whether thermowells or any other pieces protruding inside could cause an issue.

Lastly, you'll want to figure out an insulation solution (like could backed bubble wrap that @augiedoggy uses) to prevent condensation and help maintain temps.

Back