add hops at flame out vs dry hopping in a no-chill lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javierceras

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm planning a new brew for the weekend, a lager, with the bittering hops being FWH, and then throwing some more hops at flame out.
But since it will be no-chill, should I move the flame out addition to dry hopping?
What's your opinion and experience?
Past brews doing no-chill, with hops as FWH and at flame out turned out more bitter than I like, with less hop character than I like, that's why I was thinking about the mentioned change...

Thanks!!

This sounds like an excellent opportunity for you to try our new product, Hopzoil. Keep your bittering hops in your brew but just dose in the amount of hop character, flavor and aroma, you would like just before force carbonation. If it is not just right, you can always even add a touch more Hopzoil after force carbonation. Check it out: Hopzoil

Hi there,
I'm planning a new brew for the weekend, a lager, with the bittering hops being FWH, and then throwing some more hops at flame out.
But since it will be no-chill, should I move the flame out addition to dry hopping?
What's your opinion and experience?
Past brews doing no-chill, with hops as FWH and at flame out turned out more bitter than I like, with less hop character than I like, that's why I was thinking about the mentioned change...

Thanks!!

Yes, that's a common approach to no-chill. 20m additions move to flameout, anything less moves to DH.

Back