Adapter for paintball CO2 canister

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyAB

Reaction score
I tried using the adapter to hook up a paintball canister to regulator this weekend and didn't have good results. I buggered the o-ring on the canister by screwing the canister on too tight. That shouldn't be a problem but what has happened is a perfectly round little hole (it looks like it has been drilled) blew out the side of the adapter. I'm assuming it is for pressure relief. Now I cannot get a seal. Gas leaks out the side even with a new o ring. Can anybody comment on this and is there a fix?

The little hole is a pressure release and it is because as soon as you start to depress the needle on the paintball tank, C02 is going to release. You don't want that pressure building up while you are trying to tighten it down. Once you screw it tight enough, the Oring should seal and it will stop relieving pressure there. Basically, screw it in, pressure should start to release, keep going until pressure stops releasing and it is tight.

I can get about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn after the pressure release starts hissing and then it stops.

Back