? about water pumps for a single tier system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsmitty

Reaction score
Ok im not to the point yet of building my single tier system yet but looking into what its gonna cost me to put it together, so my question is what type of pump do u guys use to pump ur water from ur HLT to ur MLT and then to ur Boiler? do u need 2 pumps? are they easy to set up? If i get 2 old kegs, one for the HLT and one for the boiler and i use my 10 gallon cooler for the mash tun, do i just need the pumps and the hoses and a power source? as u can tell i have never used a water pump so not sure what all is involved.

Two pumps will definitely make it easier, but you could probably do it with one if you had a two tier stand. Pump the water from the HLT to the MT and let gravity drain it to the BK. I prefer using two. I pump from the HLT to the MT and from the MT to the BK.

They are very easy to set up. I have March pumps , but from what I read on here Chuggers are great as well.

They do need a power source.

The link in my signature is for my stand build and you can see the two pump setup.

Hope this helps.

ok thanks, that does help but where can i get these pumps?? lowes? do i need to look for any specific quality when looking for pumps?

Don't buy them from Lowes. I'm not sure if they even have any. Here is the link for Chugger.

You can also go to Morebeer.com, Northernbrewer, etc and find March pumps there.

I would recommend going to Bobby's site, Brew Hardware, he's got everything you need. He's a stand up guy and I bought everything from him. He even sells the pumps.

Don't buy them from Lowes. I'm not sure if they even have any. Here is the link for Chugger.

You can also go to Morebeer.com, Northernbrewer, etc and find March pumps there.

I would recommend going to Bobby's site, Brew Hardware, he's got everything you need. He's a stand up guy and I bought everything from him. He even sells the pumps.

I 2nd, also the cam-lock fitting he sells are full port. I've gotten his kits and they are a good deal.

Back