Abita Select: French Connection Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kzang

Reaction score
My 2nd ever home brew, Imperial Blonde, (7.48% ABV) is pretty damn good after only 1 week of bottle conditioning. I just wanted to see how it was going, and my girlfriend asked if I brought more to drink!!

Anyway, we love saison, and the best ever beer she had was the Abita Select: French Connection.

We want to try to do something similiar as we can to that with exact. I tried e-mailing them for the grain bill, and etc, to no avail.

However, they do have the malts and hops listed. Any of you able to give me a recipe or find a recipe that I can use to try to get the taste of this delicious beer? Also, it would need to be an extract.

Malts:
French Vienna
Wheat
Caramel

Hops:
Triskel
Strisselspalt
Hopped and dry hopped Aramis

"Special" unnamed saison yeast

(I will post pics of the Imperial Blonde and etc when it is ready and my experience brewing it)

I bought the 2 oz of each, except the aramis. The only place I can get an ounce or two costs $11 to ship. I may try to substitute it with a domestic hop like hallertau.

I guess no one has any ideas on a recipe that might help me out?

I live twenty minutes from the brewery and am going Thursday to it for a grand opening to the new touring room. Abita for some reason is very hesitant to give out any information at all on their Select line. I can ask around but I doubt I'll get any where. I've asked a couple times for grain bills or ideas to try and clone things they do and they never give anything other than 'I don't know' or 'We don't keep select recipes since their a one-and-done deal'. I doubt I'll be much help but I'll try.

Great, thank you! They never even responded to my email. At least you got a response I guess. :)

Back