A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my dad got to my house before I did for a BBQ. I get home and there's an empty bottle of Black Angel on the counter. I guess he decided to have a beer and picked THAT ONE.

Worst Part was his reaction. "Oh...it wasn't very good anyways."

*internal screaming*

Trying not to ignore beer duties during remodeling. Managed to get 4 of 7 doors installed and some trim up but back to work now. 70hr work week starting today...starting slow.

Kegged yesterday (pic) session ipa w/el dorado and hull Mellon hops. Also added raspberry puree to oak infused Saison. Last night pics..

View attachment 1471196969242.jpg

View attachment 1471196983240.jpg

So my dad got to my house before I did for a BBQ. I get home and there's an empty bottle of Black Angel on the counter. I guess he decided to have a beer and picked THAT ONE.

Worst Part was his reaction. "Oh...it wasn't very good anyways."

*internal screaming*

Make sure there's budlight available next time..😉

Ughh back at work f..... meetings all day. Took 12 hours vegas to denver sunday. Yeah where is everyone

This thread used to rock WTF happened? Oh that's right, overmoderation:(

For reals. One day I abstain from drinking and posting here and some crazy stuff happened. Never been the same. It's like....the loss of innocence......we've all grown up ....then I learn chef Rex isn't a. Chef. And that applescrap is apples crap not apple scrap... And that psylocide isn't a silo or a side.

For reals. One day I abstain from drinking and posting here and some crazy stuff happened. Never been the same. It's like....the loss of innocence......we've all grown up ....then I learn chef Rex isn't a. Chef. And that applescrap is apples crap not apple scrap... And that psylocide isn't a silo or a side.

Fyck

Psylocide, however, is a thread killer. 😉

Pm those guys they'll direct you to the cool thread

Nice setup. Definitely need something like that. Mind explaining the concept there for me? I'd love to start transferring like that.

So..guessing here. You have a cap w/2 ports on the carboy. You have a specific length tube cut for output, making sure it doesn't run into the yeast cake. Then 2-3psi of CO2 to force beer to keg? I want to do that with my buckets. Thanks for the inspiration!

I was inspired by someone on HBT. I'm essentially using gravity to transfer into my keg through the beer out port. I get it started by blowing into the other port. The only thing different is that I hook up my co2 line from the in port to the other post on the carboy cap. Since I displaced the star san that was in my keg with co2 I have a nice mostly oxygen free source of gas to replace the headspace in my carboy. I'm just venting my keg into the carboy as I fill my keg. Totally gravity fed. I would never pressurize my glass carboy. The flat bottom and cheap glass will not hold pressure. Especially with 5 gallons of beer all ready on it.

Reason:
I've had a carboy literally shatter in my kitchen full of beer from the pressure buildup of co2 during fermentation. My airlock got stuck so now I'm all blow off tube.

Craziest thing I ever had to tell my boss I'd be late because of since it happened during breakfast on a Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back