A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, welcome to the South. Don't worry, it'll get worse.

Honest truth, I don't get out much, but we need to meet up again. If I know I'll be heading up your way I'll defiantly give a shout. I'll be at Operation Homebrew around two on Saturday and I plan to brew this Sunday. You are more than welcome to swing by the house then and bring the fiancé if she'd like to come. Still have my card?

I do! I will be brewing up a pilsner on Saturday but we don't have any plans for Sunday, so a trip down your way might not be a bad idea. I'll talk it over with her ladyship and let ya know. I've got your number

Thanks, and happy Saturday to to you as well. 24 years ago when I came up with applescrap, a derivation from the Charlie parker song scrapple from the Apple, I told my cousin. His response was that's apples crap! I was like oops. Anyways either is right obviously and not everyone sees it both ways. You are clever. It has come up on this thread 2 or 3 times. Neither variation bothers me. Cheers. Your turn what is bromanite?

Haha. So I'm not the only one that was curious. Must have missed the prior chatter about it on this thread. Was doing my morning throne blogging/HBT time, so seemed as good a time as any to pose the question. FWIW - I've always read it as "Apple-Scrap".

My bro-in-law and I got started brewing together a few years ago. (He got us each duplicate sets of your standard 5 gallon extract starter sets one Xmas), and my sister made us shirts for brew days that said: Brew-in-Bromanites. We made fun of her because "Brewin' Bromanites" would've looked slightly better on the shirts, and it just stuck I guess.

That is a cool story. Sisters are the best. Thanks for thinking of me when you crap, im honored! Lol

giphy.gif

Oh Gawd, forgot I had 2 more of these things. They should be nice and aged. As usual, first couple sips aren't so bad (actually kind of orange juicy), then the aftertaste ensues. I'll try to choke it down. Nice lunch beer at 9.4%... Anyone else had this $hit? If your lucky, they don't distribute out of the DFW metroplex.

There is a definite risk I will fall asleep with my 3 yr old at nap after lunch. Then over to my folks' house for swimming. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1467482236.498364.jpg

Watching diamonds are forever, tee hee. Awesome day king!
Thanks for the inspiration brewin i was rocking out this morning. Swimming with kids tomorrow maybe should blare it there.

Went to 4th party for friend of my kids daycare. He brews and had a keezer and a couple browns on tap. Good beer, smoked food and good time. Played ok today.

View attachment 1467519070400.jpg

View attachment 1467519080324.jpg

Proud. ....proud.

People talk about america, who are they talking about? People like me from fort collins, my southern Texas brothers 1977, brewinbroman, gavinc and pianoman. Californians, Wyoming, montana, and idaho. Yooper from the upper peninsula, southern madkings and inklegs. Florida passedpawns. Talk about us like we are all the same f..k that.

View attachment 1467520356987.jpg

View attachment 1467520364596.jpg

I'm so happy right now. This is IT!
View attachment 360623

That burger looks f'ing awesome right now! The beer looks good, too! Now in gonna have to go diggin' through the refrigerator and/or pantry for something that will be semi-satisfying. That and another scotch, since I don't have any good brews in the fridge. Did I mention I really want that burger?

Proud. ....proud.

People talk about america, who are they talking about? People like me from fort collins, my southern Texas brothers 1977, brewinbroman, gavinc and pianoman. Californians, Wyoming, montana, and idaho. Yooper from the upper peninsula, southern madkings and inklegs. Florida passedpawns. Talk about us like we are all the same f..k that.

'Murica!!!

Hi! Have a great 4th all.

@TheMadKing great seeing you again and a pleasure meeting your fiancé. Thanks for bringing beers to share, really enjoyed the APA and looking forward to the Porter.
Both my beers are rocking the fermenters this morning. Funny thing happened when dropping off the grains to my chicken friend. HE'S GROWING BLACK JALAPENOS!! I brought some home to use in this beer somehow.

Back