A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2/3 of a Dragon's Milk last night

Epic fail sir! We'll be trying harder next time eh?? 😃

Last night catch..PintHousePizza Nitro Porter and Chill Vibes IPA. Put the chillies, cinnamon, vanilla, and cocoa nibs in the Hanahapu clone. I might add some oak/bourbon and call it "All But the Kitchen Sink Imperial Stout".

Edit: Maybe I'll throw in a taco also..seems to be the IN thing..

View attachment 1465059364501.jpg

View attachment 1465059372205.jpg

View attachment 1465059381425.jpg

View attachment 1465059392394.jpg

Wow $300 and 6 hours worth of work to pretend like you're homeless, gotta love camping

Too funny!! I'm a day hike and go to a bar/restaurant/hotel with cable kind of guy.

Edit: My family tried to go camping 2 years ago, while I was at work. If I can find them I'll post pictures. Hint Memorial Weekend in Central Texas is notorious for storms..big ones.

Lots of good beers today friendlys...hazels nuts, Oberon, 98 problems...cheers.

Apple...how is it up there? Still snow on the ground? Can't wait to go back someday when the kids are older.

Happy Sunday all.
Wife mentioned taking kids camping one day back in January. I kind of could not keep my laughter in. We are not an outdoors oriented family. And my wife does not go into any water where she can not see her feet.

Happy Sunday all.
Wife mentioned taking kids camping one day back in January. I kind of could not keep my laughter in. We are not an outdoors oriented family. And my wife does not go into any water where she can not see her feet.

I can't get my wife to go camping at all. She isn't even a girly girl, but sleeping somewhere without a mattress, fan, and indoor plumbing is just too much to ask. And we don't really need an RV.

Having a La Croix with dinner. Started South Beach phase 1 today to jumpstart a diet. No beer, or scotch, or wine, or beer, or tacos, or beer for me for at least one week. I'll live vicariously through you all this week. I'll need your support, so please consume lots a booze and tacos this week for me!

Got a signal first dinner in town. Kids did 2.5 miles hiking today. Hiked around one of the main lakes bear lake and then to alberta falls. Yesterday was sprague lake. Some pics,

How old are your kids? I was hoping to get my 7yr granddaughter to 3 miles hiking by end of summer.

@pianoman im sorry realized i missspoke he did 2.5 she did .5 at best. Son is 4 (5 in june) daughter is 2. It was easy hiking. I hiked her in the pack most of the way. Yeah i think a wild boy needs a little more running. Not that some girls dont too. But he was running around later as well! We didn't talk much about it we just said let's go. He complained a little at the end we just ignored him and told him we would take him to lunch.

@thedude haha, it took full will power to keep him from jumping in. I finally told him to get down and fill the water. He didn't ask again! Snow melt doesn't warm so quickly. :)

Evening. Crisp, bright apricot La Croix. C'mon folks! Where's the booze?!?

Pic of water. Reported.
giphy.gif

@pianoman im sorry realized i missspoke he did 2.5 she did .5 at best. Son is 4 (5 in june) daughter is 2. It was easy hiking. I hiked her in the pack most of the way. Yeah i think a wild boy needs a little more running. Not that some girls dont too. But he was running around later as well! We didn't talk much about it we just said let's go. He complained a little at the end we just ignored him and told him we would take him to lunch

Not sure how long we have her so going to throw all exercise at her. Roller skating first up on Tuesday. You have the right attitude...I usually just ignore my entire family, but maybe that's going too far??

Cutting alcohol goes with the phase 1 S. Beach plan (I really do more of Atkins for the first week or two), then I can add back carbs and alcohol in moderation. Typically I only do this once or twice a year, and am able to maintain for the rest of year pretty well.

Cutting beer and scotch is the hardest part for sure, though, even though it is short lived... (I swear I don't have a problem!)

Went to Starbucks to get cold pressed coffee for my Stout!? Could have made it myself but I don't have coffee and want to rack it today. They let it sit for 20 hours and use a good amount of coffee. I got a full 16 ounce cup filled and it probably cost twice as much, but i can rack right away instead of waiting. They assured me they clean and sanitize their equipment, not to worried. The estimate is 2 & a half ounces of coffee in 16 ounces of cold pressed coffee.

@BrewinBromanite you keep using that word and I don't think you know what it means!

I have a hard time using words correctly when sober, don't mind me. [emoji238][emoji90]. I'll be coherent again in a week or so. Right after I'm done eliminating and cutting my alcohol this week.

Edit: unless you're referring to my attempt at describing some sort of S. Beach phase 1 or Atkins-esqu dieting. In that case, it's more of an eat whatever the f*ck I want kind of thing for a couple weeks, as long as there's no (or nearly no) carbs, rather than a more disciplined approach.

Now carry on and discuss all of your alchy ways so I can get some enjoyment this week!

So no retail beers at the house. HB only challenge is on. This means I need a quality and varied pipeline. Got 5 different stouts on hand, hard lemonaid and a newly kegged IPA. Looking at Yoppers Pale Ale and Oatmeal Stout along with a Mosaic/Pilsner smash. Need a top notch dipa/tipa recipe. Any suggestions??

Back