A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an OR brewery that makes a pale ale with coffee called Java The Hop. It's pretty good and interesting when it's fresh from the fridge, but once it warms up at all it's just pure overpowering coffee. I'll drink a can, but it's not exactly a 6er beer.

I'm not getting in until Friday morning, but I've had a crapton of JK beers anyway (I'm actually going to a JK event the Wednesday night at the Avenue in NOLA).

I wasn't sure when you were getting into town. JK is great, but I was more interested in the Belgian breweries. Plus, Saint Somewhere kegs are usually fun, maybe they will have Cheval, made with 20% horse feed.

Nerd fact: Saint Somewhere carbonates their kegs with Brett.

Noun: to hucklebear

Hucklebear: To bear one's casket. Was misquoted as 'huckleberry' in the Tombstone movie. Meaning was I'm the man who will accept your challenge to the death. ;)

I wasn't sure when you were getting into town. JK is great, but I was more interested in the Belgian breweries.

Most of them are readily available here, at least on draft. There are several 3F beers that are effectively shelf turds ironically (Oud Kriek and Oud Geueze are surprisingly easy to get usually). The Avenue has me spoiled where Blaugies, De Ranke, De La Senne, and 3F are concerned.

Plus, Saint Somewhere kegs are usually fun, maybe they will have Cheval, made with 20% horse feed.

Nerd fact: Saint Somewhere carbonates their kegs with Brett.

Not surprising at all. I've had Saint Somewhere bottles straining the hell out of the cage and even starting to foam out of the cork.

Having a couple of these.

Mmm.... Still only in the mixed case?

There are several 3F beers that are effectively shelf turds ironically (Oud Kriek and Oud Geueze are surprisingly easy to get usually).

Hrm... Just got a source of the 3F oud geueze. What are they charging for the Geuezr and Kriek in that neck of the woods?

I've had Saint Somewhere bottles straining the hell out of the cage and even starting to foam out of the cork.

Funny... The last SS I had was undercarbed and sweet as hell. Even after more than a year in bottle.

These. Thanks DC and HawgWilde81!

Attachments

• 1455417980556.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 44
  • 1455417988559.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 1455417999750.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 44

Hrm... Just got a source of the 3F oud geueze. What are they charging for the Geuezr and Kriek in that neck of the woods?

Funny... The last SS I had was undercarbed and sweet as hell. Even after more than a year in bottle.

Enjoy man! How much are the gueuze? Are they the green or yellow labels?

Hucklebear: To bear one's casket. Was misquoted as 'huckleberry' in the Tombstone movie. Meaning was I'm the man who will accept your challenge to the death. ;)

Most of them are readily available here, at least on draft. There are several 3F beers that are effectively shelf turds ironically (Oud Kriek and Oud Geueze are surprisingly easy to get usually). The Avenue has me spoiled where Blaugies, De Ranke, De La Senne, and 3F are concerned.

Not surprising at all. I've had Saint Somewhere bottles straining the hell out of the cage and even starting to foam out of the cork.

Having a couple of these.

We aren't so lucky down here, I've only ever seen 1 Cantillon bottle on a shelf here (not really, the beer manager handed it to me), and the only 3F bottle we get regularly is Intense Red. Drafts are even fewer and farther between outside of Zwanze day.

!

The only SS I've ever had that wasn't Bretty as hell was refrigerated it's whole life, and I've had a ton of SS.

Enjoy man! How much are the gueuze? Are they the green or yellow labels?

Green label, sub 20/375. Fluctuates a bit.

The JK was interesting. The very slightest pepper character.

The only SS I've ever had that wasn't Bretty as hell was refrigerated it's whole life, and I've had a ton of SS.

It was sitting in my cellar for a year. Not refrigerated. Was damn near a drain pour. Almost not carbed either.

In the $10-15 range retail. Bar prices in the link below.

We aren't so lucky down here, I've only ever seen 1 Cantillon bottle on a shelf here (not really, the beer manager handed it to me), and the only 3F bottle we get regularly is Intense Red. Drafts are even fewer and farther between outside of Zwanze day.

Cantillon is much harder to find shelf these days (although I'm taking wifey to a Cantillon cheese pairing tomorrow at Corporate). There used to be a store in Covington that it would sit, but that secret has long gone. These are my two favorite spots.

https://www.beermenus.com/places/3202-avenue-pub-downstairs

https://www.beermenus.com/places/18867-corporate-brew-draft

Cheers.....enjoy!
Having one you sent meView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1455419591.438368.jpg
I'm down to my last two [emoji17]

In the $10-15 range retail. Bar prices in the link below.

Cantillon is much harder to find shelf these days (although I'm taking wifey to a Cantillon cheese pairing tomorrow at Corporate). There used to be a store in Covington that it would sit, but that secret has long gone. These are my two favorite spots.

https://www.beermenus.com/places/3202-avenue-pub-downstairs

https://www.beermenus.com/places/18867-corporate-brew-draft

Well... hell. I think it might be cheaper to buy from you and have you ship than local!!!

Cheers.....enjoy!
Having one you sent meView attachment 337484
I'm down to my last two [emoji17]

Heh... lemme know when you want a refresher!

Just popped a Brown Shugga. Tastes different.... still, holding up decent, given a bottling date of 02/12! :rockin:

]

Oh I know, just busting chops.
Dunno how you got the brewery only good problem to have double ipa before me, finally picked up a sizer after drinking 6 at the source. Good stuff

Don't worry, goodness is headed your way!

I'm looking forward to it!

Well... hell. I think it might be cheaper to buy from you and have you ship than local!!!

Heh... lemme know when you want a refresher!

Just popped a Brown Shugga. Tastes different.... still, holding up decent, given a bottling date of 02/12! :rockin:

Will do! I love Brown Shugga. I'm having an Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale at the moment. No pic because I'm lazy.

Oh I know, just busting chops.
Dunno how you got the brewery only good problem to have double ipa before me, finally picked up a sizer after drinking 6 at the source. Good stuff

Literally the same way I got all the beers except for the Ghost that I've drank today. Same guy that did the playoffs/Super Bowl BiF messaged me and asked if I wanted some. Me, him, and a guy in Tampa have a beer triangle going for all sorts of things.

Literally the same way I got all the beers except for the Ghost that I've drank today. Same guy that did the playoffs/Super Bowl BiF messaged me and asked if I wanted some. Me, him, and a guy in Tampa have a beer triangle going for all sorts of things.

Let him know they had cases of the stuff from today's release sitting on the floor as of six seconds ago. Maybe 100 cases lefy, probably less, also they had so limited bottles at the bar, too. Flemish sour concrete pillow, etc

Back